- From Season 8 onward, historical recordkeeping on the wiki will be greatly reduced while administration works towards an automated process. Members of the community are welcome to record events in the tables, using Reblase Events Log as a reference. Contact administration with any questions about the record keeping. Administration will continue to maintain Incinerations and Feedback Swaps. Read more about our reduced recordkeeping.
Season 9 began on October 5, 2020. The regular season concluded on October 9th, 2020, followed by the postseason and 9th Internet Series on October 10th, 2020. The Season 9 election took place on October 11th, 2020. It is the 8th season of The Discipline Era. The Charleston Shoe Thieves defeated the Baltimore Crabs 3 games to 2 to win their first Internet Series championship.
See the main article on this topic: Season 9/Crowvertime
Crowvertime (also known by several other names) is a name given to the Season 9, Day 1 game between the San Francisco Lovers and the Breckenridge Jazz Hands. In the top of the twelfth inning of the game between the Lovers and the Jazz Hands, Lovers batter Alexander Horne was ambushed by Crows, fleeing the field and resulting in the third out of the half-inning. For unknown reasons, this out did not end the half-inning, and the Lovers continued to bat for 21 additional plate appearances, scoring seven runs and accumulating a total of 16 outs before Helga Moreno was caught stealing second base, ending the half-inning. The runs scored after the third out remained on the scoreboard and, despite the Jazz Hands scoring a run in the bottom of the twelfth inning, the Lovers were awarded the win.
Precisely what caused the Crowvertime is unknown, although the then unique occurrence of Crows causing a third out is considered a likely candidate. Unlike many other unusual game occurrences, the Crowvertime did not result in a siesta or change to the score of the game. The term "Crowvertime" was coined by fans of the Lovers and quickly adopted as the most widely-used nickname for the event.
Potentially as a result of the Declaration of the Fourth Strike, the weather events in Season 9 have gained new effects. Lots of Birds gained a new effect that would force random outs on players, reading "A flock of Crows ambush [Player]! They run to safety, resulting in an out." Peanut weather gained a new effect where there is a small chance for a Big Peanut to crash into the field, and a smaller chance that a Big Peanut will crash into a player, causing them to become Shelled. This is the second known method by which players can be Shelled.
The Monitor Feeds
See the main article on this topic: The Monitor
Season 9 marked the first season since the Idol board was introduced that there was no dotted red line splitting any members of the leaderboard apart. Instead, there was a small icon of The Monitor on the left hand side of the board, placed next to the most-idolized player with the Shelled modification. At the end of the regular season, in a traditional post-season transmission, The Monitor attempted to eat PolkaDot Patterson, the most-idolized Shelled player. Finding the taste unpleasant, the Monitor claimed "that egg [was] spoiled", unshelling Patterson and leaving them with the new modification Squiddish.
Historic Fridays Season
In Season 9, the Hawai'i Fridays broke several records, making for a historic season. The new records are as follows:
- The Fridays have the fastest record to Party Time, entering at Day 73.
- The Fridays, while in Party Time, partied a total of 16 times, the highest count yet.
- The Fridays, while in Party Time, matched the record for single-game parties (5 parties in Day 99, 3 of which were Fridays).
- The Fridays achieved the longest losing streak record (17 losses in a row, Days 69 to 85, inclusive).
- The Fridays achieved the worst season record, at 21-78.
- The Fridays have the lowest season record for a team that has participated in the playoffs bracket (due to winning the Wild Card draw).
- The Fridays have the lowest season record for a team that has participated in the playoffs bracket and won at least one game in said playoffs bracket.
Season 9, Day X
See the main article on this topic: Day X
Following the regular season and the playoffs in which the Charleston Shoe Thieves won in a final inning Shame, an alert interrupted website viewing, warning fans to seek shelter. The Shelled One appeared in a new display reminiscent of a video game boss fight, featuring their own team, THE SHELLED ONE'S PODS, composed of The Three Peanuts and any player who had the Modification Shelled at the time.
The Shelled One and their Pods began waging a battle against the Shoe Thieves, in the form of a typical game of Blaseball. THE SHELLED ONE'S PODS were shown to have 29,918,122 Team Spirit, while the Shoe Thieves had 29,140 Team Spirit. Typical Blaseball actions, like outs and strikes, dealt damage to the opposite team's Team Spirit meters, while The Shelled One rapidly switched the game's weather type over the course of the entire game.
Half way through the game, when the Shoe Thieves had 1HP left, The Shelled One declared once again that they were "BENEVOLENT," and boosted the Shoe Thieves' Team Spirit meter to far beyond their original value. The game continued, yet the Shoe Thieves could not deal enough damage to THE SHELLED ONE'S PODS, and were defeated with 0 Team Spirit.
Following the game, multiple players and team rosters changed permanently. Any previously Shelled player had been unshelled and given the Modification Honey-Roasted, while being taken off their original team roster to be part of THE SHELLED ONE'S PODS, which included The Three Peanuts.
- Eat The Rich (Season 3): Funds from the top 1% of coin-havers will be redistributed to the remainder of Fans at the end of the postseason. This decree will remain in effect indefinitely.
- Enhanced Party Time (Season 6): When a team is in Party Time -- mathematically eliminated from the postseason -- they'll have a chance of receiving random permanent stat boosts during their games.
- Wild Cards (Season 8): Every Season, a random team from each Subleague will leave Party Time to become the 5th Playoff team. A best of 3 Wild Card series will happen on Fridays.
|Wild League||Record||Mild League||Record|
|Wild High||Mild High|
|Baltimore Crabs 🦀*||71-28||Seattle Garages 🎸*||60-39|
|San Francisco Lovers 💋||47-52||Hades Tigers 🐅*||59-40|
|Breckenridge Jazz Hands 👐||46-53||Dallas Steaks 🥩||52-47|
|Chicago Firefighters 🔥 †||44-55||Canada Moist Talkers 🗣||50-49|
|Mexico City Wild Wings 🍗||37-62||New York Millennials 📱||44-55|
|Wild Low||Mild Low|
|Houston Spies 🕵*||64-35||Charleston Shoe Thieves 👟*||62-37|
|Boston Flowers 🌹*||57-42||Philly Pies 🥧*||61-38|
|Hellmouth Sunbeams 🌞*||51-48||Kansas City Breath Mints 🍬||51-48|
|Miami Dale 🚤||45-54||Yellowstone Magic ✨||35-64|
|LA Unlimited Tacos 🌮||33-66||Hawai'i Fridays 🏝 †||21-78|
* Denotes teams that made it to the playoffs.
† Denotes Wild Card recipients.
The top four teams of each league advance to the postseason. As of Season 5, teams alternate home games with the higher seed hosting first. As of Season 9, a fifth team is chosen as a Wild Card. The Wild Card games are a best-of-three series, while every other round is a best-of-five series.
|Wild Card Games||Division Series||Championship Series||Internet Series|
|1||Charleston Shoe Thieves||3|
|4||Hades Tigers||2||4||Hades Tigers||1|
|1||Charleston Shoe Thieves||3|
|5||Hawai'i Fridays||1||Mild League|
|ML||Charleston Shoe Thieves||3|
|4||Hellmouth Sunbeams||2||4||Hellmouth Sunbeams||0|
|5||Chicago Firefighters||0||Wild League|
The three Decrees with the most community votes will go into effect.
Each blessing will be awarded to a randomly selected player or team based. Votes from a team's fans increase the likelihood of that team receiving a blessing.
|Eat Me, Drink Me||A random player on your team becomes BIG. Increased Power, Max Vibe. Decreased Baserunning.|
|Credit to the Team||Zero to hero. The worst player on your team will earn 5x payouts for Idol Pendants.|
|Secret Weapon||They'll never see it coming. Maximize a random Pitcher in your Shadows.|
|Grab and Smash||Steal a Hitter from another Team's Shadows.|
|Out of Sight||Send your 2 Worst Pitchers to the Shadows and call up your First 2 Relievers.|
|Disappearing Acts||Send your Worst 3 Hitters to the Shadows and call up the first 3 Shadows Hitters.|
|Feel the Love||Give your Team Love Blood Type.|
|Hot Sauce Bar||Help yourselves. A player on each team in your Division gets Spicy.|
|Fifth Base Bubble||Give all of the teams not in your Division the Fifth Base.|
|The Shame Bubble||Give all of the teams not in your Division Targeted Shame.|
|Tag Team Pitching||Improve your team's pitching by 10%. The last place team in the opposite subleague also gets +10% team pitching.|
|Tag Team Hitting||Improve your team's hitting by 10%. The last place team in the opposite subleague also gets +10% team hitting.|
|Kill Your Darling||Incinerate the Most Idolized Player on your Team.|
|Dead Weight||Shed it. Incinerate the Worst Player on Your Team.|
|New Kid||A warm welcome. Incinerate the Least Idolized Player on Your Team.|
|Boatload of Tiny Eggs||Feed the Hall Monitor. Fans of your team receive a big boatload of peanuts.|
|New Recruit||Recruit a rookie to be the 10th player in your lineup.|
|Downsizing||Remove the worst player from your lineup. Your lineup is now shorter.|
|Fishing Net||Item. Max Out Defense for a random player on your team.|
|Mutually Arising||Keep your enemies closer. Improve your entire division by 2%.|
- Forecast: Birds passed with 304,585 Votes, 52% of all Decree Votes
- EMERGENCY ALERT
- SEVERE MURMURATION WARNING IN THIS AREA
- Forecast: Blooddrain passed with 71,178 Votes, 12% of all Decree Votes
- EMERGENCY ALERT
- SEVERE BLOODDRAIN WARNING IN THIS AREA
- Forecast: Eclipse passed with 63,314 Votes, 11% of all Decree Votes
- EMERGENCY ALERT
- SEVERE SOLAR ECLIPSE WARNING
- Fifth Base Bubble blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- The Fifth Base Bubble protects the Wild High.
- Fifth Base on the Houston Spies!
- Fifth Base on the Boston Flowers!
- Fifth Base on the Miami Dale!
- Fifth Base on the Hellmouth Sunbeams!
- Fifth Base on the Unlimited Tacos!
- Fifth Base on the Hades Tigers!
- Fifth Base on the Canada Moist Talkers!
- Fifth Base on the Seattle Garages!
- Fifth Base on the Dallas Steaks!
- Fifth Base on the New York Millennials!
- Fifth Base on the Kansas City Breath Mints!
- Fifth Base on the Hawai'i Fridays!
- Fifth Base on the Philly Pies!
- Fifth Base on the Charleston Shoe Thieves!
- Fifth Base on the Yellowstone Magic!
- The Crabs had 24% of the votes. The Hades Tigers were the highest bidder with 24% of the votes. 481,520 votes were cast.
- Grab and Smash blessed the Philly Pies.
- Secret Weapon blessed the Seattle Garages.
- Garages pitcher Goodwin Morin is Maximized in the Shadows!
- Editorial note: we do not create player pages for players that have not joined the active roster
- The Garages had 40% of the votes and were the highest bidders. 238,713 votes were cast.
- Garages pitcher Goodwin Morin is Maximized in the Shadows!
- Out of Sight blessed the Seattle Garages.
- Nolanestophia Patterson retreats to the Shadows ... Mcdowell Karim emerges!
- Mcdowell Karim retreats to the Shadows ... Sparks Beans emerges!
- BUT ALSO, MAINLY,
- Ortiz Morse retreats to the Shadows ... Mike Townsend emerges!
- Lori Boston retreats to the Shadows ... Lenny Marijuana emerges!
- The Garages had 29% of the votes and were the highest bidders. 611,932 votes were cast.
- Hot Sauce Bar blessed the Seattle Garages.
- Tag Team Pitching blessed the Hades Tigers.
- The Shame Bubble blessed the Boston Flowers.
- The Shame Bubble protects the Wild Low.
- Shame on the San Francisco Lovers!
- Shame on the Baltimore Crabs!
- Shame on the Mexico City Wild Wings!
- Shame on the Chicago Firefighters!
- Shame on the Breckenridge Jazz Hands!
- Shame on the Hades Tigers!
- Shame on the Canada Moist Talkers!
- Shame on the Seattle Garages!
- Shame on the Dallas Steaks!
- Shame on the New York Millennials!
- Shame on the Kansas City Breath Mints!
- Shame on the Hawai'i Fridays!
- Shame on the Philly Pies!
- Shame on the Charleston Shoe Thieves!
- Shame on the Yellowstone Magic!
- The Flowers had 7% of the votes. The Charleston Shoe Thieves were the highest bidders with 21% of the vote. 88,408 votes were cast.
- New Recruit blessed the Boston Flowers.
- Scores Baserunner has been recruited to join the Boston Flowers's lineup!
- The Flowers had 44% of the votes and were the highest bidders. 145,148 votes were cast.
- Kill Your Darling blessed the Dallas Steaks.
- Mutually Arising blessed the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
- Improved the Houston Spies's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Boston Flowers's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Miami Dale's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Hellmouth Sunbeams's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Unlimited Tacos's overall rating by 2%
- The Sunbeams had 3% of the votes. The Unlimited Tacos were the highest bidders with 16% of the votes. 322,185 votes were cast.
- Eat me, Drink me blessed the Canada Moist Talkers.
- Tag Team Hitting blessed the Canada Moist Talkers.
- Boatload of Tiny Eggs blessed the Canada Moist Talkers.
- 10000 Peanuts have been granted to each of the Fans of the Canada Moist Talkers
- The Moist Talkers had 45% of the votes and were the highest bidders. 107,107 votes were cast.
- Fishing Net blessed the Canada Moist Talkers.
- Feel the Love blessed the San Francisco Lovers.
- New Kid blessed the Miami Dale.
- Dead Weight blessed the Chicago Firefighters.
- Disappearing Acts blessed the Mexico City Wild Wings.
- Credit to the Team blessed the Yellowstone Magic.
- Downsizing blessed the Unlimited Tacos.
Seemingly as a result of the Forecast decrees passed in Season 9, new players on every team received new Modifications, seemingly based on the weather forecasts.
When any player is in a match during a Solar Eclipse, there is a chance they will be incinerated and killed by a Rogue Umpire. Known cases of this in Season 9 are listed below. indicates incinerations that are payment for debt.
|Tillman Henderson||Baltimore Crabs||Day 64||Silvaire Roadhouse||San Francisco Lovers|
When any player is in a match during Peanut weather, there is a chance they will "swallow a stray peanut" and experience a permanent physical reaction, called either an Allergic Reaction or a Yummy Reaction. Known cases of this in Season 9 are listed below.
When a shelled player is in a game during Lots of Birds weather, there is a small chance for the birds to peck them free. The player will then gain the Superallergic modification. Known cases of this in Season 9 are listed below.
|Nagomi Mcdaniel||Baltimore Crabs||Day 103||Hellmouth Sunbeams|
Big Peanut Shellings
In a game during Peanuts weather, there is a small chance for a Big Peanut to crash into the field, and a smaller chance that a Big Peanut will crash into a player, causing them to gain Shelled. Known cases of Big Peanuts crashing into players in Season 9 are listed below.
|Wyatt Quitter||Unlimited Tacos||Day 46||Boston Flowers|
When any player is in a game during Feedback weather, there is a chance reality will "flicker in the feedback" and two players will permanently swap team membership. Known cases of this in Season 9 are listed below.
|Player A||Former Team A||Player B||Former Team B||Date|
|NaN||Unlimited Tacos||Valentine Games||Houston Spies||Day 6|
|NaN||Houston Spies||Sosa Hayes||Mexico City Wild Wings||Day 7|
|Jaylen Hotdogfingers||Seattle Garages||Betsy Trombone||Philly Pies||Day 7|
|Jaylen Hotdogfingers||Philly Pies||Henry Marshallow||Seattle Garages||Day 21|
|Jaylen Hotdogfingers||Seattle Garages||Ortiz Morse||Canada Moist Talkers||Day 53|
|Jaylen Hotdogfingers||Canada Moist Talkers||Beasley Gloom||Charleston Shoe Thieves||Day 64|
|Sixpack Dogwalker||Hawai'i Fridays||Gabriel Griffith||Dallas Steaks||Day 69|
|NaN||Mexico City Wild Wings||Kennedy Meh||San Francisco Lovers||Day 98|
When any team is in a game during Reverb weather, there is a chance that some portion of their roster will get shuffled. Reverb can change the order of the lineup, rotation, or the whole team. If the entire lineup is shuffled, there is a chance that batters will become pitchers and vice versa. Known instances of reverb in Season 9 are listed below.
|Mexico City Wild Wings||Day 1||Rotation|
|Seattle Garages||Day 12||Lineup|
|Houston Spies||Day 52||Entire Team|
When any player is in a game during Blooddrain weather, there is a chance that they can siphon stars from another player. This can affect any stat and any pair of players on opposing teams. Known instances of siphoning in Season 6 are listed below.
|Siphoning Player||Team||Stat||Siphoned Player||Team||Date|
|Yong Wright||Mexico City Wild Wings||Defense||Kennedy Loser||Baltimore Crabs||Day 3|
|Baby Triumphant||Chicago Firefighters||Defense||Tamara Crankit||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Day 7|
|Pedro Davids||Baltimore Crabs||Baserunning||Mcdowell Mason||Unlimited Tacos||Day 10|
|Luis Acevedo||Baltimore Crabs||Hitting||Vito Kravitz||Unlimited Tacos||Day 10|
|Hendricks Richardson||Hellmouth Sunbeams||Baserunning||Justice Spoon||Chicago Firefighters||Day 24|
|Burke Gonzales||Mexico City Wild Wings||Pitching||Baby Doyle||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Day 46|
|Lowe Forbes||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Pitching||Montgomery Bullock||Baltimore Crabs||Day 97|
|Arturo Huerta||Seattle Garages||Pitching||Ronan Jaylee||Dallas Steaks||Day 99|
Hit By Pitch
When any player is hit by a pitch from a player with any form of debt, they gain a modification for the remainder of the 9-day week. Known cases of this in Season 9 are listed below. (Total: 36)
Enhanced Party Time
When a team is in Party Time, their players have a chance of receiving random permanent stat boosts during a game. Known cases of this in Season 9 are listed below. (Total: 77)
- This blessing incorrectly targeted Garages lineup players rather than pitchers. When the mistake was discovered, the blessing displayed the text HOLD ON before revealing the next two trades.
- Game Log. Blaseball.com.
|★ Full Timeline ★|
|The Discipline Era|
|Season 1||Overview · ILB Establishment · First Internet Series · The Forbidden Book|
|Season 2||Overview · The Discipline Era · Bad Gateway|
|Season 3||Overview · Peanut Plague · Grand Unslam · Peanut Fraud · Blasphemy · Wyatt Masoning|
|Season 4||Overview · Grand Siesta · Feedback · The Waveback Event · Game 99|
|Season 5||Overview · Reverb · Party Time Speedrun|
|Season 6||Overview · High Filter · Idols · Wild Wings v. The Gods · The Third Strike|
|Season 7||Overview · Ruby Tuesday · Snackrifice · The Monitor|
|Season 8||Overview · Hall of Flame · Declaration of Fourth Strike|
|Season 9||Overview · Crowvertime · The Monitor Feeds · Day X|
|Season 10||Overview · Rise in Violence · The Crabs Ascend · Killing God · New Management|
|Season 11||Overview · The Lift Join the ILB · Millennials v. MacMillan|
|🦀 🌹 👐 🗣️ 👟 🔥 🥩 🐅 🏝️ 🕵️ 🌞 🍬 🍗 🚤 📱 🥧 💋 🎸 🌮 ✨ 🏋️♀️|
|First Pitch · Blaseball-Glolf Clonflict · Tlopps Blaseball Cards
Religion in Blaseball · Partytime Papers