Igneus Delacruz was a lineup player for the Ohio Worms, and was with the team from Season β17, Day 28 until being incinerated on Season β19, Day 22. Delacruz had previously played for the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
Official League Records
During the Season β4 elections, Delacruz was affected by the Alternate Reality decree and replaced by an Alternate. This involved Delacruz's stats being randomized, resulting in a combined 10.3 -> 8.9 stat decrease.
During the Season β6 elections the Sunbeams received the Move the Mounds Closer blessing and benefited from the Sharing Signs blessing the Boston Flowers received, which boosted Delacruz's batting from 2.0 -> 2.4 .
On Season β7, Day 81 Delacruz siphoned some of Unlimited Tacos lineup player Mcdowell Mason's hitting ability in a game with Blooddrain weather, increasing their own ability 2.4 -> 3.0 . During the Season β7 elections, the Hellmouth Sunbeams received the Stickum blessing, which boosted Delacruz's defense from 1.0 -> 2.0 .
On Season β9, Day 81 Delacruz swallowed a stray peanut and suffered an allergic reaction, resulting in a combined 10.5 -> 4.7 stat decrease. During the Season β9 elections the Sunbeams received the Mutually Arising blessing, resulting in a combined 4.7 -> 5.9 stat increase.
On Season β10, Day 82 Delacruz siphoned some of Houston Spies lineup player Theodore Holloway's defense ability in a game with Blooddrain weather, increasing their own ability 0.6 -> 1.7 . During the Season β10 elections the Sunbeams benefited from the Sharing Signs blessing the Unlimited Tacos received, which boosted Delacruz's batting 1.8 -> 2.5 .
On Season β13, Day 56, Delacruz's pitching ability was siphoned by LA Unlimited Tacos lineup player Halexandrey Walton in a game with Blooddrain weather, decreasing it 1.8 -> 1.0 . During the Season β13 elections the Sunbeams benefited from all four "Bubble" blessings, which increased Delacruz's batting, baserunning, and defense by 4%. Delacruz also gained the Chunky modification as a result of the Peanut Butter blessing.
On Season β19, Day 22, Delacruz was incinerated and replaced by Millipede Aqualuft. As a result of their incineration, Thomas Kirby entered the Hades Tigers' Shadows due to the Tigers' Ambush modification.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Hypothetically born on August 19th, year unknown, Igneus Delacruz claimed to have been with the Sunbeams since the Return of Blaseball, though she and her teammates have a hard time recalling details of their life before the Hellmouth swallowed Moab.
Delacruz had a degree in Wildlife Management from Hellmouth Community College. Xir education came in handy when a wolf got loose in the locker room snack area. The Wolf Snack Incident ended when Delacruz befriended the wolf, and subsequently ate it. Of the event, Delacruz said that she would not have eaten the wolf if only it hadn't eaten all of the Lemon Cake Batter protein bars.
During the early seasons of her career, Delacruz was seen spending a lot of time in her teammate Malik Romayne’s restaurant, Romayne's Romaine. They were married during a game in The Hotdogfingers Memorial Climate Pledge Garage and Parking Facility on Day 47 of Season β2. The two of them shared a house on the outskirts of the Hellmouth. They were laudedby who? as an example of a successful relationship between blaseball players.
Delacruz was known for their flashy way of fielding ground balls, which involved an ember-style summoning rune burned into the palm of xir blaseball glove. While this technique achieved little success their first season, Delacruz’s performance dramatically improved without precedent hir second season. Delacruz was known for zes skills as a dangerous and sly outfielder, able to play either left or right field, but never, ever center.
Many fans were fervent in their belief that Delacruz was, in fact, the hottest member of the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
After Alternate Reality
The version of Igneus Delacruz who appeared from the alternate reality swap insisted on being referred to as "Iggy." Little is known about the universe she swapped from, although there are reports that she was confused when she found herself no longer playing in Moab. Iggy Delacruz filled the role of their predecessor in many ways, and a variety of similarities were found between the two, including xem having hir own version of the Wolf Snack Incident.
Initially, Delacruz continued zes counterpart’s relationship with Romayne. The gradual breakdown of this relationship due to the stress of alternating lead to the now-former teammates quietly ending their romantic relationship just prior to Romayne's feedback to the Houston Spies. Despite difficulties in Delacruz's adjustment to his role as an alternate, she has developed close relationships with teammates Miguel James and Zack Sanders. Delacruz and James were a common sight driving around Hellmouth in a barbie car. Their antics were famous, and the corresponding exasperation of Sanders was nearly as well known.
The Grand Siesta gave Delacruz an opportunity to distinguish herself from their predecessor. She was seen out with a variety of players from around the ILB, and was quoted as saying that she was "ready to date again". Delacruz also joined Miguel James and Sigmund Castillo in spending time with The Smokehouse Gang. Towards the end of the siesta, they were often spotted with then-Charleston Shoe Thieves lineup player Howell Franklin, rumors having circulated that they have entered into a relationship.
Many fans were fervent in their belief that Iggy Delacruz was, in fact, the second hottest member of the Hellmouth Sunbeams. The title of the hottest member of the Hellmouth Sunbeams had gone to Hendricks Richardson.
Delacruz was surprised to discover that Igneus had been a Sunbeams captain before the Alternate Reality swap, and chose not to take on that role due to insecurities due to xir lower star count in comparison. After gradually increasing hir batting ability over seasons of practice, zes allergic reaction in Season β9 once again decimated both her batting ability and her confidence.
During the Season β10 elections, Delacruz was cured of their peanut allergy due to the Nut Button blessing. This was followed by Delacruz valiantly failing to steal second base to prevent a loop in the final game of Season β11, helping secure the championship win for the Sunbeams.
While playing a game against the Miami Dale on Day 52 of Season β12, Delacruz baffled league officials by forcing teammate Nerd Pacheco to run around her while she stayed on third base in the 5th inning, resulting in Pacheco getting a run on Hahn Fox’s sac bunt. Iggy was quoted saying “You have legs Pacheco, don't you? Go around me,” in response to being yelled at by Pacheco to run home.
- Many people assumed that Delacruz’s iconic flaming blue head was her adaptation, but when asked she insisted that’s just how she is.
- Delacruz’s low baserunning stars were sometimes explained by the fact that they insist on playing many games in heels.
- Delacruz had never once been spotted dressed appropriately for the weather and was constantly cold, despite xir head being on fire.
- Delacruz owned a pair of "Hellmouth Community College” booty shorts as well as every available pair of booty shorts for all internet league blaseball teams.
- Delacruz was famous as the inventor of the world’s most popular fire hair dye, a variety of minerals which can create colours and effects when applied to fire. They were an integral part of her home run celebration routine.
- Delacruz considers seemingly any sequel movie to be hir favorite even if and in spite of popular opinion stating that the films should have never been made in the first place.
- Delacruz was notorious for shredding any paper she could when she had access to a shredding machine. In order to avoid the loss of important documents, letters, or photos, shredding machines are now banned from the Solarium.
- Delacruz and their teammate, Zack Sanders, had become a figure skating duo since their experience on Atlético Latte in the Coffee Cup. Despite being both rivals and best friends their justification was that “them hating each other creates off the ice drama they can bring to their on the ice routines or something along those lines.” Nobody fully understood what that meant, but they were not great at ice skating.
For more fanfiction see the 'Igneus Delacruz' tag on AO3
- Igneus Delacruz animatic by Ash
- Iggy - An Alternate by Olive
- iced tea doesn't go IN A MICROWAVE by Miguel
- Igneus - The Original by Olive
Iggy in Daleween costume, as the Headless Horseman
Delacruz in their famed booty shorts
Miguel and Iggy, partners in crime
I’m now becoming my own self-fulfilled prophecy
Iggy & Miguel describe Nihilism
Iggy & their squad asking why you are that small
Iggy on a date
Delacruz & Franklin napping together
“When ur crush wears cargo shorts and u realize ur in deep.”
Iggy with Miguel
Barbie Car State of Mind
The gates are open, baby
Rouge Umpire incinerated Igneus Delacruz!
- This change was not reflected in the Season 7 Election Results. Stickum was only applied to pitchers when it should have been the entire roster. Seemingly as consolation, three Sunbeams' batters were given a 1 star increase in defense.
|Ballpark||Wapakoneta Air, Space, and Worm Museum and Ballpark|
|History||Ohio Worms' History|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|