Official League Records
On Season 5, Day 106, Sky pitched a 23-inning game against PolkaDot Patterson of the Canada Moist Talkers. Sky's pitching career between Seasons 3 and 5 for the Jazz Hands also set the record for the lowest career ERA in ILB history at 2.345, as well as the highest career win percentage (0.804).
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Sky is a stellar jay known for her prominent Mohawk. She has phoenix ancestry and eats hot coals instead of candy. She has been observed antagonizing umpires with rude songs and breakneck flybys, aided by her apparent immunity to flame. She is the president of the Dallas-Forth Worth Volunteer Fire Department and two-time winner of the Lars Mendoza Memorial Chili Cook-Off with her Eight Bean Barn Burner.
After Ogden Mendoza's incineration, the Breckenridge Jazz Hands gathered around the molten remains of their marble player. Sky flew from a nearby snow-covered tree and landed on Mendoza's mitt. She lifted a still-smouldering blaseball from the mitt and flung it over the plate and into the stands. This was the first known instance of Sky’s now famous signature beakball pitch. Comfort Septemberish solemnly proclaimed, “Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking.” Needing a new pitcher, the Jazz Hands accepted them into the team.
Sky has been frequently asked by interviewers to give a statement on their opinion of their blaseball-hating brethren. They refuse to comment at this time, but there is a glint in their eye every time the question is asked.
During and after the game of Season 4, Day 73, a frustrated Sky revealed that they grew up in Hellmouth, and had some history of bullying from the local birds. They apparently still like Hellmouth despite this.
A Tlopps card of Sky playing for the Jazz Hands
Personally, I prefer the air. by @Fancymancer
Mini-Blaseballer by @HetreaSky
August Sky's Jazz Hands ID, by @VoxiSour
August Sky's ID portrait, by @VoxiSour
- Also known as Steller's jay. The Bird Names For Birds movement has been advocating against use of eponymous names, though no common list of names has been established. Stellar jay is drawn from the following post: Idyllwild Nature Center (29 Aug 2020) Stellar Jays on nest with egg replica - Idyllwild Nature Center Museum Ornithological Exhibit (Photo) - via Facebook.
- Sam Kabo Ashwell [@tsawac] (26 Aug 2020) "copies of this zine have been circulating among the blaseball underground. an uncompromising call to action. I don't know how the Jazz Hands recover from this" (Tweet) - via Twitter.
- August Sky [@BlaseballJay] (27 Aug 2020) "Oh, I grew up here, I'm still kinda used to it even being away in Breckenridge for so long. But, you know how some birds are... Maybe I'll take a flight around town tomorrow or the day after, when I know they're all gone." (Tweet) - via Twitter.
- August Sky [@BlaseballJay] (27 Aug 2020) "Anyone have any tips on ignoring old bullies when they keep swooping you while you're on the mound? I really gotta focus for these extra innings." (Tweet) - via Twitter.
- August Sky [@BlaseballJay] (27 Aug 2020) "As much as I love Hellmouth, I think I'm just going to hide out in my room for the rest of this series..." (Tweet) - via Twitter.
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · Full List|
|Circuit||Gamma 2 · Gamma 3 · Gamma 4 · Gamma Players|
|Ballpark||Breckenridge Community Field|
|Staff||The Breckenridge Slide-Trombone Bolter|
|Places||Breckenridge · The Pit|
|History||Breckenridge Jazz Hands' History|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|We’ve Got Winning to Do. Just for You.|