August Sky is a player for the Kansas City Breath Mints, and has been with the team since Season 1, Day 29. Sky has played for the Dallas Steaks and Breckenridge Jazz Hands.
Official League Records
Sky joined the ILB as a pitcher for the Breckenridge Jazz Hands on Season β3, Day 23 after the incineration of Ogden Mendoza.
On Season β5, Day 106, Sky pitched a 23-inning game against PolkaDot Patterson of the Canada Moist Talkers. Sky's pitching career between Seasons 3 and 5 for the Jazz Hands also set the record for the lowest career ERA in ILB history at 2.345, as well as the highest career win percentage (0.804).
Sky was traded to the Dallas Steaks in exchange for Combs Estes during theSeason 5 elections as a result of the The Plan? Hit from the Mound blessing.
During the Season β9 elections, Sky received the Fire Eater modification due to the passing of the Forecast: Eclipse decree.
Sky was traded back to the Jazz Hands in exchange for Holden Stanton during the Season β13 elections via the Jazz Hands' Exchange will.
During the Season β20 elections, Sky gained the Negative modification as a result of the Heads Over Tails blessing.
On Season 1, Day 29, Sky fell to the Kansas City Breath Mints during a game in Horizon weather, becoming Buried.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Sky is a stellar jay known for her prominent Mohawk. She has phoenix ancestry and eats hot coals instead of candy. She has been observed antagonizing umpires with rude songs and breakneck flybys, aided by her apparent immunity to flame. She is the president of the Dallas-Forth Worth Volunteer Fire Department and two-time winner of the Lars Mendoza Memorial Chili Cook-Off with her Eight Bean Barn Burner.
After Ogden Mendoza's incineration, the Breckenridge Jazz Hands gathered around the molten remains of their marble player. Sky flew from a nearby snow-covered tree and landed on Mendoza's mitt. She lifted a still-smouldering blaseball from the mitt and flung it over the plate and into the stands. This was the first known instance of Sky’s now famous signature beakball pitch. Comfort Septemberish solemnly proclaimed, “Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking.” Needing a new pitcher, the Jazz Hands accepted them into the team.
Sky has been frequently asked by interviewers to give a statement on their opinion of their blaseball-hating brethren. They refuse to comment at this time, but there is a glint in their eye every time the question is asked.
After the Seattle Garages penned a certain zine, Sky joined Twitter, where she can be found as @BlaseballJay.
During and after the game of Season β4, Day 73, a frustrated Sky revealed that they grew up in Hellmouth, and had some history of bullying from the local birds. They apparently still like Hellmouth despite this.
A Tlopps card of Sky playing for the Jazz Hands
Personally, I prefer the air. by @Fancymancer
Mini-Blaseballer by @HetreaSky
August Sky's Jazz Hands ID, by @VoxiSour
August Sky's ID portrait, by @VoxiSour
- ↑ Also known as Steller's jay. The Bird Names For Birds movement has been advocating against use of eponymous names, though no common list of names has been established. Stellar jay is drawn from the following post: Idyllwild Nature Center (29 Aug 2020) Stellar Jays on nest with egg replica - Idyllwild Nature Center Museum Ornithological Exhibit (Photo) - via Facebook.
- ↑ Sam Kabo Ashwell [@tsawac] (26 Aug 2020) "copies of this zine have been circulating among the blaseball underground. an uncompromising call to action. I don't know how the Jazz Hands recover from this" (Tweet) - via Twitter.
- ↑ August Sky [@BlaseballJay] (27 Aug 2020) "Oh, I grew up here, I'm still kinda used to it even being away in Breckenridge for so long. But, you know how some birds are... Maybe I'll take a flight around town tomorrow or the day after, when I know they're all gone." (Tweet) - via Twitter.
- ↑ August Sky [@BlaseballJay] (27 Aug 2020) "Anyone have any tips on ignoring old bullies when they keep swooping you while you're on the mound? I really gotta focus for these extra innings." (Tweet) - via Twitter.
- ↑ August Sky [@BlaseballJay] (27 Aug 2020) "As much as I love Hellmouth, I think I'm just going to hide out in my room for the rest of this series..." (Tweet) - via Twitter.
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · Full List|
|Circuit||Gamma 2 · Gamma 3 · Gamma 4|
|Ballpark||Kansas City FreshDome|
|Staff||Max Betmint · The Spearmint · Dr. Reverbo · Kacey Greens Jr.|
|History||Kansas City Breath Mints' History|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|"Fresh Breath, Here We Come."|