Official League Record
On Season 24, Day 2, Alvarado joined the Firefighters' rotation in exchange for Geepa Beanpot due to Night. On Day 50, Alvarado retreated to the Firefighters' Shadows in exchange for Beanpot at The Fire Safety Awareness Center via the Ratified Fax Machine.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Box of Caleb Alvarado Files
- Dust billows as the file box lands on the table. While many archives in the Interdimensional Rumor Mill are unified in some way, this... definitely isn’t one of them. The accompanying Rumor Registry explains all of the contents... wherever it is... but for now you grab the folder labelled IF-319.11 and start reading...
Though information regarding Caleb Alvarado’s past is difficult to verify due to their age and having never been heard to speak, folklore states that Alvarado once served as head groundskeeper at Chicago's Garen T. Draight Field. When Draight Field was evacuated during the Great Chicago Blaseball Fire, Alvarado supposedly refused to leave the stadium and was still on the premises when it was destroyed. After the Great Chicago Blaseball Fire was extinguished, Firefighters exploring the ruins encountered a roughly humanoid pile of charred bricks, crumbling masonry, and ivy vines tending to the still-intact outfield. Due to their devotion to the splort of Blaseball and apparent prowess as a firefighter, the pile of bricks - later confirmed to be Alvarado - was inducted as a player for the Chicago Firefighters on the spot.
Alvarado currently serves as the head groundskeeper at the Fire House.
Caleb Alvarado is thought to weigh over six tons. In spite of this, he is capable of rapid movement, which, given his mass, can be hazardous for people nearby. To avoid agitating him, a brief list of terms to avoid when near Alvarado follows:
- "Fire" (unless followed by "fighters")
- "Soil compaction"
Since this list is not exhaustive, it is generally recommended to keep at a safe distance from Alvarado unless he knows and trusts you.
- Caleb Alvarado’s body is covered in a unique variety of ivy. Like Caleb, this ivy is from Chicago.
- Alvarado personally tends to the ivy covering the outfield walls at the Fire House, and forbids anyone else from touching it. For this reason, Alvarado is known affectionately as "Papa Ivy."
- Alvarado is often seen with fellow Firefighter Baby Triumphant, rocking them gently in a cradle woven from vines.
- Alvarado decorates themself with objects that they find interesting or attractive, usually rocks or pieces of vegetation.
- During away games, Alvarado manifests himself from bricks, masonry, and plant matter in the vicinity of the opposing team's stadium. After the game concludes, the pile becomes an enormous lifeless heap of rubble on the pitcher’s mound. This has proven troublesome for opposing teams' groundskeepers in the past.
- Though the identity of Draight and the blaseball team that played underneath them have long since been lost to time, it can only be assumed that they and their team were of great power, skill, and importance.
- Some older fans claim that ivy was never an original feature of Draight Field, and that it actually belonged to a rival team also located in the city of Chicago. No records of this hypothetical other team have survived, however. Modern hlistorians have deemed the existence of two teams in the city of Chicago unlikely, given the apparent power and importance of Draight and their blaseball team.
For more fanfiction, go to the Caleb Alvarado tag on AO3.
- unforecasted by waltztangocache - Caleb Alvarado deals with receiving the Friend of Crows modification.
- we're still homecoming by waltztangocache - Caleb Alvarado reunites with Isaac Johnson after the events of Season 24.
Art by Fen (@sublimemarch)
Firefighters Season 1 Rotation
Caleb and Declan face studies
Caleb likes braiding
Firefighters Season 11 Rotation
Isaac has a crush
Friend of Crows
Ten of Pentacles
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|Ballpark||The Fire Safety Awareness Center|
|Staff||The Firefighter · Betsy · Chicago Firefighters' Third Base Coach · The Axeman|
|Places||Chicago · The Blean|
|History||Chicago Firefighters' History · Great Chicago Blaseball Fire · Royal Crown Malort|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|We Are From Chicago|