Official League Records
Winner pitched a total of 135 innings in Season β2, ranking #1 in the category across the league.
At the end of Season β3, Winner had more road wins than any other pitcher in the Fridays' rotation.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Jacob Winner (he/him), born Jacob Wurst, decided to pursue a professional blaseball career after receiving the "Most Room for Improvement" trophy out of their little league team. When Winner went to Joff Blezos High School, they were known for their fierce competitive spirit and extreme splortsmanship; according to their coach, they were "the best ████ benchwarmer I've had the pleasure of sitting."
When an Underleague scout came to Blezos High, they told the team "I was tasked with finding a winner." Winner immediately changed their last name to fit this task, and they were recruited on the spot. However, when they underperformed in the Underleagues, they were exiled to the Sovereign Nation of Hawai'i where the Fridays found them washed up on a beach. They put a glove on their hand, and they have been their most winningest (by name) pitcher ever since. After being switched to a hitter, Winner has astounded fans by becoming the most winningest (by name) hitter as well, truly a double threat (by name) any team should respect.
Jacob Winner is one of the most heavily endorsed players in Blaseball in terms of both monetary value and body mass. Among his many sponsors include
- Jacob Winner TV Dinner: The Dinner of the Winner is a brand of microwaveable TV Dinners available throughout Hawai'i. All flavors are health focused, like the "Get Shredded with Shredded Beef" and "Winner Winner Thinner Winner White Breast Chicken Dinner", and all famously come with a sliced pineapple dessert that mysteriously stays cold after 4 minutes in the microwave. During evening games, fans are known to withhold unwrapping their instant meals until after Winner scores a run.
- Winner's 'waiian Weiners is a brand of hot dog produced by Redlondo. When Winner (briefly) pursued a ketogenic diet and declared WWWs "The best sausage to eat buns-free", the hot dog brand skyrocketed in popularity among nude beach goers.
- Winnergreen Chew is a sugar-free chewing gum produced by Wrilgley. Winner has been trying to persuade teammate Spears Taylor to sign with Wrilgley as a spokesperson of Spearmint Chew and seems unable to understand just how anti-capitalist Taylor is.
- Before Winner joined the Fridays, the team gym was just some lounge chairs on the beach. Winner personally transported 20 different rocks to the beach for "the sick gains." Winner has offered to spot for the rest of the team, and while no one has taken his offer, they're happy to just support them in whatever way they need.
- Winner's favorite frosty drink is whey protein in a coconut.
- Winner loves grilled pineapple and puts it on everything but pizza.
- Between blaseball and lifting, Winner spends their free time making pottery. They have pieces in a few galleries across the archipelago, and have even received two awards at competitions. An art critic for The Conch said of a recent exhibition that his work was "delicate, elegant, and thought-provoking... indicative of an early visionary who has not yet reached creative maturity." When asked if they would prefer to make pottery or play blaseball, Winner said, "They're both hella rad, bro! I don't see why I can't do both?"
- After flooding problems began sweeping the league in season 12, Winner went through lifeguard certification to be able to help other players who weren't as strong swimmers as him. For a time he seemed to consider wearing his flippers everywhere an important part of this position.
- Winner got their top surgery scars tattooed two years after they had finished healing. When asked about the significance of the artwork, Winner said, "Gotta be proud of your scars, yeah? Like how muscles gotta break to get bigger and stronger, scars are what make you, you."
Rare Season 2 Tlopps card.
|Ballpark||Wapakoneta Air, Space, and Worm Museum and Ballpark|
|History||Ohio Worms' History|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|