Internet League Blaseball
(Redirected from ILB)
Internet League Blaseball (ILB) is a professional Blaseball organization based on the Immaterial Plane. It is the second-oldest known professional Blaseball league, succeeding Ultra League Blaseball. 24 Teams from North America, Japan, Hawai'i, and Hades currently play in the league. The league officially returned from siesta on July 20th, 2020 at the beginning of Season β1. During the Expansion Era, four Expansion Teams descended into the League, increasing the number of teams in the league from 20 to 24.
Currently-known entities within the ILB's management include:
- Parker MacMillan
IIIII, the Commissioner, Legal Notary, and The Game Band's boss.
- The Crew of Umpires, a crew of Umpires assembled to herald a Tournament of Champions to choose a new Ace to lead the league.
The league also employs Umpires to watch over the games and keep things under control.
ILB games are broadcast both on the internet and the radio. Further means of Blaseball dissemination are being researched.
This section is a stub. You can help by expanding it with updated information or additional lore. See the Style Guide for more on writing articles.
The ILB is known to have been reformed multiple times. The league was first created upon Ultra League Blaseball being Re-Named in the Season A Election in September 1983, and was then active for at least four seasons from 1984–1987. At some point this iteration of the league ceased to be active, until the ILB was reformed on The First Day (2nd Edition) in January 2000. This iteration, too, would at some point become inactive, and the ILB would not enter its modern iteration until its eventual return at the beginning of Season β0 on July 12th, 2020.
Since its return in Season β1, the ILB has run for a total of 26 Seasons, split between the Discipline Era (Seasons β2-β10), the Expansion Era (Season β12-β24), and the Coronation Era (Season β1 onwards). Between Seasons β3 and β4, The Commissioner called for the first ever Grand Siesta, halting ILB activity for two weeks to conduct league maintenance. After the Discipline Era concluded, the Boss called for a second Grand Siesta between Seasons β11 and β12, which lasted eighteen weeks. During the time period in between those seasons, the League hosted the four-week long Coffee Cup. A third Grand Siesta occurred after Blaseball was Nullified by the Black Hole (Black Hole) at the end of Season β24 and lasted seventeen months, save for the Short Circuits.
- Season B (March 1 – September 5, 1984)
- Season C (March 1 – September 3, 1985)
- Season D (Early–Mid 1986)
- Season E (Early–Mid 1987)
- Season AA (January 2, 2000 – Unknown)
- Season β0 (July 13–19, 2020)
The Discipline Era
- Season β1 (July 20–26, 2020)
- Season β2 (July 27 – August 2, 2020)
- Season β3 (August 3–9, 2020)
- Season β4 (August 24–30, 2020)
- Season β5 (August 31 – September 6, 2020)
- Season β6 (September 7–13, 2020)
- Season β7 (September 14–20, 2020)
- Season β8 (September 21–27, 2020)
- Season β9 (October 5–11, 2020)
- Season β10 (October 12–18, 2020)
- Season β11 (October 19–25, 2020)
The Expansion Era
- Season β12 (March 1–7, 2021)
- Season β13 (March 8–14, 2021)
- Season β14 (March 15–21, 2021)
- Season β15 (April 5–11, 2021)
- Season β16 (April 12–18, 2021)
- Season β17 (April 19–25, 2021)
- Season β18 (May 10–16, 2021)
- Season β19 (May 17–23, 2021)
- Season β20 (June 14–20, 2021)
- Season β21 (June 21–27, 2021)
- Season β22 (June 28 – July 4, 2021)
- Season β23 (July 19–25, 2021)
- Season β24 (July 26–30, 2021)
The Coronation Era
See the main article on this topic: Leagues
From its inception until Season β5, the ILB was divided into two smaller Sub-Leagues, the Good League and the Evil League, which were each divided into a Lawful and Chaotic division.
From Season β6 until Season β24, the ILB was divided into the Wild League and the Mild League, which were each divided into a High and Low division. The divisional placement of each team was originally based on the teams' performance in Season 5, though a few teams have changed divisions in the following seasons.
From the Return(s) of Blaseball onwards, the ILB was divided into the Good Conference and Evil Conference, which were each divided into a Chaotic and Awful division. The divisional placement of each team was determined during Fall Ball prior to the return of play.