The game log records events as they happen in a blaseball game. Any given log generally covers the timespan of one pitch, with the exception of a change in inning, a change in batter, or the end of a game. After a game, the game log will show who won and any special game outcomes with long-lasting implications, such as Shame or a peanut reaction.
- Count: the number of balls and strikes the current batter has in their current at-bat, formatted as: 3-2. This is the most common game log occurrence.
- Inning: one round of blaseball where both teams have had the opportunity to field (defend) and bat. A half-inning ("top" [away team] or "bottom" [home team]) refers to the team which is currently at-bat. Games currently last 9 innings except in the case of a tie, which extends the game until one team is ahead at the end of the bottom half of an inning.
- Shame: a situation in which the home team wins a tied game any time after the bottom of the 9th inning. The away team must still record three outs to end the game.
- Ball: a pitch that did not enter the strike zone and was not swung at by the batter, denoted by the first number of the count.
- Strike: a pitch that was thrown in the strike zone and/or was swung at by the batter.
- Strike, Looking: a pitch that entered the strike zone without the batter swinging at it
- Strike, Swinging: a pitch anywhere that the batter swung at and missed
- Foul Ball: a pitch that the batter hit but that did not land in bounds. Cannot be the final strike of a strikeout.
- Hit: when the batter hits the ball in bounds and reaches base safely.
- Single: the batter reached first base safely after a hit.
- Double: the batter reached second base safely after a hit.
- Triple: the batter reached third base safely after a hit.
- Home Run: the batter hit the ball in such a way that they are awarded all bases and one run
- Out: any situation in which an umpire has cause to rule a batter put out. The fielding team must record three outs to begin their next half-inning at-bat.
- Strikeout: the fielding team is awarded an out if a batter accumulates an excess amount of strikes. Usually three strikes results in a strikeout, unless voted on by decree or blessing.
- Groundout: the batter hit the ball on the ground to a defender and was put out. As blaseball is played on the immaterial plane, we cannot directly observe how this occurs.
- Fielder's choice: a groundout achieved by the fielder choosing which baserunner to put out. In blaseball, typically the runner who would advance closest to scoring is the one chosen to be put out.
- Flyout: the batter hit the ball in the air to a defender and the defender caught it before it touched the ground.
- Sacrifice fly: a flyout that results in baserunners advancing a base. Cannot be the third out of an inning, as the runners would not advance. Advancing base via this method is called "tagging up."
- Double play: a play in which two outs are recorded. This generally occurs as a ground ball that allows the fielders two put out a base runner and a batter before either reaches base safely.
- Score (or run): when a batter safely reaches the final base after having reached all other bases safely. Usually a runner must reach fourth base (colloquially "home") to score a run, unless voted on by decree or blessing.
- Steal: a baserunner may at any time attempt to reach the next base safely after the ball is pitched and no hit, groundout, or flyout occurs. Doing this successfully is recorded as a stolen base, while doing this unsuccessfully results in an out "caught stealing."
- Rogue umpire incinerated...: See Incineration for more. Occurs during games played in a solar eclipse.
- Anything mentioning a bird: See Lots of Birds for more.
- Anything mentioning feedback: See Feedback for more.
- Anything mentioning a peanut: See Peanuts for more.
- Anything mentioning reverberation: See Reverb for more.
- Anything mentioning Blooddrain: See Blooddrain for more.
- The Black Hole swallowed a Win from... : See Black Hole for more. Occurs during Black Hole weather when a team reaches 10 runs.
- Sun 2 set a Win upon...: See Sun 2 for more. Occurs during Sun 2 weather when a team reaches 10 runs.
- ...is now Wired!/...is now Tired!: See Coffee for more.
- ...gets a Free Refill!: See Coffee 2 for more.
- ...chugs a Third Wave of Coffee! They are now a Triple Threat!/...scored [number] Unruns!: See Coffee 3 for more.
- A surge of Immateria rushes up from Under!/...has returned from Elsewhere after [number] days!: See Flooding for more.
- The Book of Blaseball, Article 4.g. Blaseball.com.
|Participation 📣||Teams · Game Log · Shop · Concessions · Election · Idols · Hall of Flame · Siesta|
|Rules 📜||The Book · Blessings · Decrees · Weather · Items · Armor · Modifications · Incineration
Shame · Spillover · Divine Favor · Party Time · Feed · Wills · Evolution · Items
|Schedule 📅||Schedule · Earlsiesta · Latesiesta · Election|
|Lore 📚||The League · Umpires · The Commissioner · Blaseball Gods · Bloodhouse · Shadows · Field of Eggs
Blaseball Beat · Peanuts · Blagonballs · The Shelled One · The Monitor · The Microphone · Boss · Lōotcrates