All weather conditions have unique effects that can sporadically occur during or after games. These effects can impact individual players up to whole Teams, and range from positive, to negative, to birds. New weather patterns are known to emerge in response to the unfolding events of Blaseball each season. With the introduction of Ballparks, it became possible for Fans to influence the weather by renovating their stadiums to increase the likelihood of a specific weather type.
|Icon||Weather||In-game Description||Effect(s)||Debut Season||Status|
|Solar Eclipse||A chance of incinerations.||Players may be incinerated.[note 1]||2||Active|
|Peanuts||Traces of salt and honey...||Players may have allergic
|Birds||Birds have been known to eat peanuts and are just generally great friends.||Birds infest the field. Shelled players may be pecked free by the birds.[note 3]||3||Inactive|
|Feedback||A chance of player swaps between teams.||Players may swap teams.[note 4]||4||Active|
|Reverb||A chance of roster shuffles.||Teams may have their players' positions shuffled. Players may start Reverberating.[note 5]||5||Active|
|Blooddrain||A chance of transfusions between players.||Players may siphon stars from an opposing player.[note 6]||6||Inactive|
|Black Hole||When a Team collects 10 Runs, Black Hole will swallow the Runs and burp at the opposing Team.||When a Team reaches 10 runs, the opposing team will have 1 Win subtracted from their record.[note 7]||11||Inactive|
|Sun 2||When a team collects 10 Runs, Sun 2 will collect the Runs, and set a Win upon that team.||When a Team reaches 10 runs, 1 Win will be added to that team's season win record.[note 8]||11||Inactive|
|Coffee||Players may get Wired or Tired.||Players may be Beaned, making them Wired or Tired.[note 9] Wired and Tired players involved in a scoring play either add 0.5 runs or 0.5 unruns, respectively, to the resulting score.||Coffee Cup||Inactive|
|Coffee 2||Players may get Free Refills.||Players may be Poured Over, granting them a Free Refill. Players with Free Refill remove an Out when they are involved in a scoring play.||Coffee Cup||Inactive|
|Coffee 3s||Pitchers will become Triple Threats.||At the beginning of a game, pitchers gain Triple Threat. Triple Threat pitchers' strikeouts can subtract runs from the opposing team as outlined in Triple Threat's description.||Coffee Cup||Inactive|
|Flooding||An Accident.||Occasionally the bases will flood, sweeping away baserunners and increasing the Filthiness of the home team's Ballpark. Swept baserunners will occasionally be swept .||12||Active|
|Salmon||Salmon have been known to swim Upstream.||When Salmon swim Upstream, they reset the current Inning, and may lose some of a team's runs and/or repair player items.||15||Inactive|
|Glitter||A chance of sparkles.||Crates may appear and bestow a Player an Item.||16||Active|
|Polarity +||Numbers go up.||Two weathers in one. In Polarity + weather, Runs are scored normally. In Polarity - weather, Runs scored become Unruns and Unruns scored become Runs. The Polarity can flip mid-game at random intervals.||19||Inactive|
|Polarity -||Numbers go down.|
|Sun 90||Scoring Plays will earn an additional Run for each Out.||n/a||Inactive|
|Sun .1||Each Run scored is worth .1 more per Inning.||Runs scored in the first inning are worth +0.1 Runs each, Runs scored in the second inning are worth +0.2 Runs each, etc.||22||Inactive|
|Sum Sun||Each successive scoring play in a half inning is worth an additional Run.||23||Inactive|
|Jazz||louie-ooie-la-la-la; shoo-doo-shoo-bee-ooo-bee.||Game immediately switches to a random other weather condition||23||Inactive|
|Night||Deep dark.||Active players may be swapped with a random player in their team's Shadows.||23||Active|
|Supernova Eclipse||Players and Teams may be incinerated.||24||Inactive|
|Black Hole (Black Hole)||When a team collects 10 runs, Black Hole (Black Hole) will swallow the runs, become agitated, and nullify a League Modification or Team.||24||Inactive|
|Snow||WINTER STORM WARNING||Players may be temporarily Frozen, or may receive small changes to their attributes.||Gamma 3, Season 1||Active|
|Icon||Weather||In-game Description||Effect(s)||Observed in||References|
|Reverb||A chance of roster shuffles.||Teams may have their players' positions shuffled. Players may start Reverberating.[note 5]||A|||
|Solar Eclipse||A chance of incinerations.||Players may be incinerated.[note 1]||C, D, E|||
|Night||Deep dark.||Active players may be swapped with a random player in their team's Shadows.||C|||
|Overcast||A bit cloudy.||Unknown||E|||
This section is a stub. You can help by expanding it with updated information or additional lore. See the Style Guide for more on writing articles.
- Season 2
- Solar Eclipse weather is introduced.
- Season 3
- Season 4
- Feedback weather is introduced.
- Lots of Birds weather is renamed to Birds.
- Season 5
- Reverb weather is introduced.
- Season 6
- Blooddrain weather is introduced.
- Season 9
- For the first few days of the season, Birds weather has the chance for birds to swarm a player, resulting in an Out. This effect is quickly removed.
- Peanuts weather now has the chance for Big Peanut to crash into the field or potentially into a player, which results in that player getting Shelled.
- Season 10
- Following the Season 9 Forecast Decrees, the only weather conditions for Season 10 are Birds, Blooddrain, and Solar Eclipse.
- Season 11
- Coffee Cup
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Due to the descent of the Baltimore Crabs during the Season 12 Latesiesta, the icon for Black Hole is no longer clickable.
- Season 15
- Season 16
- Glitter weather is introduced.
- Season 19
- Polarity weather is introduced.
- Season 21
- Season 22
- Season 23
- Following the Season 22 Sum Sun Decree, Sum Sun weather is introduced.
- Jazz weather is introduced.
- Night weather debuts in the second game of Round 2 of the Mild League Underbracket between the Kansas City Breath Mints and the Yellowstone Magic, as the result of a newly-constructed Renovation.
- An entry in the Library is revealed, showing that Reverb weather used to occur during the Pre-History I era.
- Supernova Eclipse weather is seen in the Semi-Centennial match after Sun(Sun) goes supernova, though the game is cancelled before its effects can be seen.
- Season 24
- Gamma 1, Season 1
- Gamma 3, Season 1
- Peanut weather is reintroduced as a result of Circuit 00, voted for in the previous Short Circuit.
- Snow weather is introduced as a result of Circuit 00, voted for in the previous Short Circuit.
- Gamma 4, Season 1
- Glitter weather is reintroduced as the weather used in Prize Matches.
Weather by Season
|Weather||Discipline Era||CC||Expansion Era||γ1||γ2||γ3||γ4||Notes|
|Black Hole (Black Hole)||Y*||[a][g]|
- In Season 24, weathers other than Jazz only appeared via either Ballpark renovations or Jazz weather's effect.
- In Season 10, Feedback only appeared on Day X, and then only as a result of Jaylen Hotdogfingers' Fliickerrriiing modification.
- In Season 24, Feedback, Polarity, Sun .1, and Sum Sun could hypothetically have appeared via Jazz weather's effect, but did not.
- In Season 12, Flooding weather only appeared after the Crabs' Breach in Latesiesta.
- In Gamma 4, Season 1, Glitter weather was exclusively used in Prize Matches.
- In Season 23, Night weather only appeared in a single game, in the Postseason, as a result of a Ballpark renovation constructed that Latesiesta.
- In Season 24, Black Hole (Black Hole) weather only started to appear as an outcome of Jazz weather after Earlsiesta.
In Season 12, the Weather Icons were updated. Old icons are preserved here.
The following songs are about Weather:
- curse of crows by VigilantBaker
- affinity for crows by VigilantBaker
- feedbacked feelings by crabmoney
- sweep me away by azuretone
- solar eclipse by jennifer cat
- elsewhere by apha lex and Carly
- Slushie Disappearing Act by hon
- SC__TER_D by Shmucku
- SUN 2 by house phone
- Health to the Garages by Silverwing
- feedback blues by VigilantBaker
- The Glossary says a Solar Eclipse is "The total or partial obscuring of one celestial body by another." and "The obstruction of REDACTED by REDACTED."
- The Glossary says Peanuts are "A gift from the Shelled One," "A snack to be consumed during Blaseball games (not to be confused with Snacks)," "An offering of tribute in the Hall of Flame," and "A unit of significance."
- The Glossary says Lots of Birds are "congregation of feathered friends" and "an infestation of pests."
- The Glossary says Feedback is "The return to the input of a part of the output of a machine, system, or process (as for producing changes in an electronic circuit that improve performance or in an automatic control device that provide self-corrective action)." and "A possible consequence of Localization Error."
- The Glossary says Reverb is "An electronically produced Echo."
- The Glossary says Blooddrain is "The act, process, or mode of transfusing REDACTED from one or more Players to one or more other Players."
- The Glossary says a Black Hole is "A celestial object formed when a REDACTED runs out of fuel." and "A region of Immateria with a gravitational field and REDACTED so strong that nothing can escape it."
- The Glossary says Sun 2 is "A celestial body forged by REDACTED." and "The source of REDACTED and REDACTED."
- The Glossary says Coffee is "A beverage made by Percolation, Infusion, or Decoction from the roasted and ground seeds of a coffee plant."
Sun .1 · Sum Sun · Jazz · Night · Supernova Eclipse · Black Hole (Black Hole)
|Participation 📣||Teams · Game Log · Concessions · Renovations · Gifts · Election · Idols · Hall of Flame · Feed · Siesta · Bloodhouse · Badges|
|Rules 📜||The Book · Weather · Modifications · Items · Ballparks · Incineration · Shame · Spillover · Divine Favor · 🎉 Party Time · Eat The Rich · Shadows · Evolution · eDensity (Levels) · Sun(Sun) · The Underbracket|
|Schedule 📅||Schedule · Earlsiesta · Latesiesta · Postseason (Internet Series) · Election|
|Election 🗳️||Decrees · Blessings · Wills · 🎉 Party Favors · Amplifications · Distortions · Circuits · Charges|
|Lore 📚||The Book · The Library · Leagues (ILB · ULB · Big Leagues) · Immaterial Plane · Field of Eggs · Hall of Flame · Peanuts · Blagonballs · Blaseball 2 · The Desert · The Vault · The Blaseball Beat · The Blaseball Roundup|
|Entities 🦑||Players · Fans · Umpires · ⚾ The Commissioner · The Ticker · The Shelled One · The Microphone · The Monitor · The Coin · Lōotcrates · The Reader · Namerifeht · The Baristas · A Shelled One|