Flooding is a weather condition first encountered in Season β12, following the Descension. Flooding is the primary element driving the Flooding Crisis.
During Flooding weather, there is a chance of a surge of Immateria sweeping all current baserunners off of the bases. When this occurs, it may additionally sweep a player . Players swept are unable to play, and return during a random later game.
Returning players have a chance of returning Scattered, currently believed to occur if the player is gone for at least 20 days. Scattered players have missing characters from their names and a lack of Vibes; the characters are repaired gradually over time, and Vibes return when the player's name is fully repaired.
Game Log Text relating to Flooding
- A surge of Immateria rushes up from Under! Baserunners are swept from play!
- A surge of Immateria rushes up from Under! Baserunners are swept from play! [Player] is swept Elsewhere!
- [Player] is Elsewhere...
- [Player] has returned from Elsewhere after [number] days!
For Season 12, Day 73, the day immediately following the Descension, all games previously forecasted to be in Black Hole weather were replaced with Flooding. After that point, however, both weathers are able to appear as usual.
The following songs are about Flooding weather:
- Slushie Disappearing Act by hon
- elsewhere by apha lex and Carly
- sweep me away by azuretone
- expansion by BONES