Eat The Rich
Eat the Rich was first implemented in the Season β3 elections with the passing of the Eat the Rich Decree, which redistributes the funds from the Top 1% of Fans at the end of each Season.
In Season 3, Eat the Rich was offered as one of three possible Decrees the community could vote on to go into effect, alongside the following:
- Eat The Rich Redistribute the funds from the Top 1% of Fans at the end of each Season
- Eat the Crust 5 Players from the 2-Time Champion Pies will be reassigned to Random Teams
- Interviews GET TO KNOW THE PLAYERS
- Late Stage Postseason Bet Payouts increase each round: 2x, 3x, 5x
- Blaserunning Stolen Bases are worth 0.1 Runs
Eat The Rich passed with 10,883 votes, 33% of all decree votes, alongside the following message:
- Each 99%-er received 193 coins from the top 1% of coin-havers.
- So the people have spoken, so it shall continue.
For unknown reasons, Eat the Rich did not trigger as expected in Seasons 10 and 11, which resulted in the trial of the New York Millennials v. Parker MacMillan III.
Following the verdict of the case, the decree would return with the Season 12 elections.
Following the first occurrence of the decree during the Season 3 elections a fairly accurate determination of the value at which the decree ate the rich at was made, but the need for a specific and organized determination process was seen. Since then, the Society for Internet Blaseball Research has helped organize and conduct a survey based off of community responses to the values held going into an election. While a certain extent is determinable simply from the size of the coin payout, this ongoing determination survey helps provide a degree more precision in establishing this value at the end of each season.
|Season||Determined ETR Lower Bound||Determined ETR Upper Bound||ETR Coin Payout|
The following song is about Eat the Rich: