Gamma 3 (sometimes referred to as Circuit 2) was the second Short Circuit that Fans could participate in, and the third iteration of Gamma viewable on the Blaseball website. It began on December 6, 2021 and concluded on December 19, 2021, when the Microphone shorted out. It was comprised of a single season lasting two weeks, a first for Blaseball. This Circuit saw the introduction of the Tutorial hosted by A Shelled One, Mild Cards, Snow Weather, and the new two-week schedule.
After it began in Season 1, Gamma 3 ran for 1 Season.
Gamma 3 was annouced on the November 15, 2021 Inside a Blaseball livestream.
- Season 1 (December 6–19, 2021)
Gamma 3 ended on December 19, 2021, when the Microphone shorted out:
FINDING NEW HOST
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED: 010
Two Week Seasons
Previously, each in-game Season ran 1 real-life week. This was changed in Gamma 3, wherein each season ran for 2 real-life weeks. Teams would still play 99 game per regular Season, but the amount of Days in a regular Season was increased to 166. This meant that Teams would not play every hour. Likewise, an Election would continue to be held every real-life week, for a total of 2 Elections per season. Additionally, no games were played on Saturdays, whereas previously Saturdays hosted Round 3 of the Postseason and the Internet Series. This resulted in the following schedule for Gamma 3:
- Monday, Dec 6 through Friday, Dec 10 — Games 1 through 63
- Sunday, Dec 12 — Election 1
- Monday, Dec 13 through Wednesday, Dec 15 — Games 64 through 99
- Thursday, Dec 16 through Friday, Dec 17 — Postseason
- Sunday, Dec 19 — Election 2
In the Short Circuits Developer Log #2, The Game Band stated that the new Schedule was introduced to make Blaseball "less of a time commitment", more sustainable, and to allow them to "change the structure and schedule more often and more easily".
See the main article on this topic: Tutorial
The Tutorial, also referred to as Onboarding, was a new feature that guided new and existing Fans through the process of choosing a Team, Betting, and Voting. The tutorial was initially only given 20% of new Fans, but afterwards could accessed and replayed by any Fan from their Account page. The Tutorial also saw the first apperance of A Shelled One. In the Short Circuits Developer Log #2, The Game Band stated that they added a Tutorial because:
Blaseball, a notoriously obscure game, has never had a tutorial. How did we get away with this for so long? How does anyone figure out how to play this weird game?
See the main article on this topic: Snow
Snow was a new weather condition that debuted as a result of Circuit 00. During Snow games, there is a chance of a random number of snowflakes "modifying the field" to a varying extent, resulting in one or more players being given the FrozenThis Player is frozen, and cannot play. modification for the remainder of the game, preventing them from playing in a way similar to Shelled or Elsewhere. Separately, players may also have snow fall on them, slightly changing all of their attributes in either direction.
Mild Cards was a new rule that debuted as a result of Circuit 00. It allowed an additional Runner Up in the Standings from each Conference to receive a Postseason Birth, regardless of Division.
- Peanuts (Weather) was reintroduced after being removed in Gamma 2.
Gamma 3 saw the introduction of new Conferences (simply named "Sky" and "Sea") and Divisons (named "Frozen" and Molten").
- Boston Flowers 🌹
- Breckenridge Jazz Hands 👐
- Canada Moist Talkers 🗣️
- Hades Tigers 🐅
- Kansas City Breath Mints 🍬
- New York Millennials 📱
- Atlantis Georgias 🔱
- Dallas Steaks 🥩
- Mexico City Wild Wings 🍗
- Philly Pies 🥧
- San Francisco Lovers 💋
- Seattle Garages 🎸
- Charleston Shoe Thieves 👟
- Chicago Firefighters 🔥
- Core Mechanics 🛠️
- Hellmouth Sunbeams 🌞
- Houston Spies 🕵️
- LA Unlimited Tacos 🌮
- ↑ BLASEBALL COMMISSIONER [@Blaseball]. (6 December 2021). "Season’s Greetings. 11am Eastern, 8am Pacific". (Tweet) - via Twitter
- ↑ Slugger Croms [bria#5537]. (15 November 2021). "The date for the next Circuit will be announced tonight at Inside a Blaseball". (Message) - via #announcements, Blaseball Discord.
- ↑ Inside a Blaseball Episode #9 - No Number November - November 15, 2021. (15 November 2021). (Video) - via Youtube
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Game Band. Short Circuits Developer Log #2. (6 December, 2021). (Website) - via Medium.
- ↑ Slugger Mountain [mt_quinn#1312]. (6 December 2021). "There is a new onboarding system! About 20% of users should be given the flow upon registration". (Message) - via #announcements, Blaseball Discord
- ↑ The Book of Blaseball. (6 December, 2021). "e. Mild Card: An additional Runner Up in the Standings from each Conference will receive a Postseason Birth, regardless of Division". (Website) - via Blaseball.com.
|Gamma 1||Overview · Season 1 · Season 2|
|Gamma 2||Overview · Season 1 · Season 2|
|Gamma 3||Overview · Season 1 · A Shelled One|
|Gamma 4||Overview · Season 1 · Midseason Fiesta|