Pudge Nakamoto is a player for the Philly Pies, and has been with the team since the Season β23 elections. Nakamoto has previously played for the Kansas City Breath Mints, Charleston Shoe Thieves, Houston Spies, and Ohio Worms.
Official League Records
During the Season β12 elections, Nakamoto gained a boost to all stats as a result of the Breath Mints' Infuse Will. Nakamoto then gained the Roamin' modification due to the Breath Mints' Revoke will and wandered to the Charleston Shoe Thieves.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
History on the Kansas City Breath Mints
Nakamoto joined the Breath Mints after the incineration of Boyfriend Monreal. Nakamoto's joining is rumored to be due to Monreal sending Nakamoto as a friend to comfort the team upon their incineration. Monreal, having become Unstable, is said to have called Nakamoto in the time between games. During Game 96, a Rogue Umpire was seen taking aim at Lenny Spruce (who was also unstable from the previous game) and Monreal dove to protect him, ending in Monreal's incineration. Some fans have claimed to have seen a friend hanging around the the open meadow on the outskirts of town before the fateful game. However, Nakamoto's ever changing appearance makes the veracity of these claims difficult to determine. All that is truly known is that a friend shaped entity commandeered a Breath Mints uniform was accepted onto the team after offering hugs, reassurance, and grief counseling to the team.
Nakamoto appears as a friend to all. This means that they are perceived differently by all entities observing them. This can lead to confusion as pitchers will often throw what appear to be strikes or balls to different observers only for the opposite to be called depending on how Nakamoto appears to the umpire. This has occasionally led to arguments between players and umpires. To date no argument has resulted in an incineration; The Commissioner has stated the odds of this happening are: "██████████"
When the fifth base suddenly appeared on the field, Breath Mints players realized that the base was actually located directly in the center of Nakamoto's house. Naturally, this caused some chaos on the field and worry from players on other teams and Mints alike that they were barging in uninvited, but Nakamoto assured everyone that their presence was entirely welcome, and that anyone could stay for as long as they liked. When the fifth base was retired in the following season, Nakamoto made sure to put a big sign in front of their house that made sure people knew that they could still visit whenever they wanted.
What Nakamoto Looked Like While on the Mints
When 100 people were asked to describe Nakamoto, every single one of them simply said that "they look like a friend." Below are what they have appeared while on the Kansas City Breath Mints.
- "A friend."
- "Well, I'm not fully sure what they looked like, but late one night when I was driving home, I got a flat tire, and I called Pudge up. They immediately drove out and helped me put on the spare tire, and made sure I got home safe."
- "To me, Pudge looks kind of like a Kirby. Friend shaped!"
- "You know the honey bottles that have a bear shape?"
- "Pudge looked like a Totoro from the movie My Neighbor Totoro, but mint colored."
- "Think of a fusion between a Snorlax and Big the Cat."
- "A preposterously fat ghost-like entity"
- "They were like a big, cuddly frog with huge arms made for hugging."
Other Unconfirmed Rumours while on the Mints
- Nakamoto has been rumoured to be non-verbal, and prefers to communicate through sign language. Since Nakamoto is known to change forms, it is hard to confirm these rumours.
- Nakamoto has been known to hug everyone who enters the open meadow on the outskirts of town. Friend or foe, they all receive a lovely warm hug from Nakamoto.
- Due to Nakamoto's moldable shape (and lack of defined arms), it becomes difficult for them to hold a bat properly. Instead their fellow hitters often jam a bat in to Nakamoto's soft body. Nakamoto then proceeds to swing by rotating their entire body. This has proven ineffective, and leads to many ground outs.
- Nakamoto's house is in between where the Fourth and Fifth Base were. Since the removal of the additional base, Nakamoto is concerned not as many people will visit. Nakamoto was known for putting out a nice fold-out table filled with too many cups of water in an effort to be polite, however this ended up just getting in the way a bit too frequently.
- Nakamoto is known for their love of sleepovers. Often having themes, and elaborate games. The entire team are known to love Nakamoto's hospitality, and thoroughly enjoy their sleepovers, despite initial reservations.
History on the Charleston Shoe Thieves
On day 12 of the 13th season of Blaseball, Nakamoto decided to roam. Before starting their journey, they had seen themself in a mirror for the first time. Their face shifted, unable to form as Nakamoto themself did not know what a friend was supposed to look like. They decided that they needed to find themself, and that they would do so on the back of a motorcycle.
Friendship and kindness remain important to Nakamoto, but they have learned that having healthy boundaries and advocating for themself does not make them any less kind or any less of a friend. They find strength in this kindness.
They experiment with shapes, looking however they please. Sometimes they enjoy looking like a person, or an animal, or even a motorcycle. Being a bike is a tiring but freeing way to exercise. They have a leather jacket, upon which they have buttons for the teams that they visit. In human form, they often like to have a pompadour or a high ponytail.
While on the road, Nakamoto saw a classified ad asking for a tutor for a player on the Charleston Shoe Thieves. Being one who not only plays Blaseball but has a pre-game ritual of reading theory, Nakamoto jumped at the opportunity. As it turns out, Esme Ramsey had posted the ad for a tutor for Velasquez "Twofer" Alstott (who is often a child, and very much in need of tutoring). This gave Nakamoto the opportunity to meet new people and continue to play Blaseball.
They have tried several different kinds of shoes that they stole with the help of the Shoe Thieves, their favorite being a blue and yellow pair of Doc Martens that they stole from Tillman Henderson. They don't really enjoy stealing shoes, so they usually leave behind better shoes than the ones they take (with the exception of Tillman's shoes, they have a friendly rivalry).
While on the Shoe Thieves, they formed a friendly biker gang with some of the team members called the "Wheels of Fortune." Members of the biker gang are Nakamoto, Henderson, Alstott, and Gunther O'Brian. Alstott rides in the sidecar of Henderson's motorcycle. O'Brian's mech transforms into a motorcycle.
Nakamoto loves having the team over for sleepovers. Most weekends, there is a party of rotating guests who join in. Sometimes, friends from Nakamoto's past will visit.
Nakamoto has remained friends with Jessica Telephone. They met when Telephone crash landed on Nakamoto's house (then located on fourth base) when Nakamoto played for the Mints. They remain good friends, and Nakamoto frequently sends Telephone postcards while on the road.
On Day 12 of Season β17, Pudge Nakamoto was incinerated by a rogue umpire.
Velasquez Alstott attempted to pull them out of the way but only managed to save Nakamoto's jacket. Donna Milicic, Nakamoto's replacement, kept Nakamoto's motorcycle untouched in a shed.
Time on the Spies
At the end of Season 19, Pudge Nakamoto roamed out of the Hall of Flame onto the Houston Spies. While every public statement of theirs claims that they had no idea what happened, it is rumored that they came back bearing several coded messages.
Unnamed sources speculate that other Spies from the Hall of Flame could have been the ones to point out that the Monitor was busy and the door was unlocked, and that Roaming would have been an excellent cover story for sneaking out.
There is no way to verify this claim.
Playing for the Spies
When playing, Nakamoto performed respectably and held down their place at the end of the Spies' lineup. Between this and a knack for evasion and escape techniques, they found the Spies accepted them.
Nakamoto reportedly spent much of their downtime with Bennett Bluesky, a fellow ex-Shoe-Thief, and Quack Enjoyable, whose newfound talent for finding loopholes made them as good as one. They caused several incidents in local malls and regularly escaped the consequences of having, for example, replaced every single label and sign in a jeweler's with "Shiny Things For People With Too Much Money".
While not a shapeshifter, Denzel Scott sympathized with Nakamoto's struggle to find an identity of their own, as Scott's supernatural ability to be a "normal American" had similarly collapsed when they were Shelled. The two spent extensive time trying new things together, experimenting and figuring out their own preferences for such things as favorite colors, soft drinks, and getaway vehicles.
- Good Ol' Pudge by Hello Whirled (dampsocks008 on Discord)
- good enough now by @AReblase (from we are the garages (vol 3))
- Pudge Nakamoto (Is Shaped Like A Friend) by Ian McCowan (valrus on Discord) (from Reunion Tour)
- Pudge Check - How are the fickle
Breath MintsBlaseball fans feeling about Pudge Nakamoto? by @yooridotblase
Mini-Blaseballer by @HetreaSky
Pudge Hugs by @goatedtoasts
BIG PUDGE by @wateratmyshow
Pudge Nakamoto by @graciedarts
Halloween costumes by @polypeptoad
Pumpkin costume by @polypeptoad
Pudge by Vixen
Pudge by @solphy
Pudge and their motorcycle by @solphy
Art by 0dd0wl
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|Staff||Sam Hinkie · The City of Philadelphia · The Philadelphia Philling|
|Places||Jessica Telephone Memorial Skatepark|
|History||Philly Pies' History · Philladeltrix: The Marquis of Pain · My Roomie Ruslan · Philly Pie· Philly Cakes|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|Pie or Die.|