Silvia Rugrat

From Blaseball Wiki

Silvia Rugrat is a player for the Tokyo Lift, and has been with the team since Fall Ball. Rugrat has previously played for the Mexico City Wild Wings.

Official League Record

Rugrat joined the ILB as a pitcher for the Mexico City Wild Wings with the Return of Blaseball.

During the Season β9 elections, Rugrat received the Siphon modification due to the passing of the Forecast: Blooddrain decree.

During the Coffee Cup, Rugrat played for the Americano Water Works as a pitcher.

During the Season β16 elections, Rugrat's pitching changed 3.1 -> 4.4 and defense changed 2.0 -> 1.6 as a result of the Wild Wings' Transfuse will.

Over the course of Season β23, Rugrat entered and exited the Wild Wings' Shadows two times as a result of Basin of Mexico Park Fax Machine events, ending the Season on the pitching rotation.

During the October 28, 2022 Fall Ball, Rugrat fell to the Tokyo Lift.

History

COMMUNITY REPORTS
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.

Background

Silvia Rugrat is/was/will be a player for the Mexico City Wild Wings.

Untethered from time, Rugrat is both a little baby and a nightclub singer in 1930s Chicago. It is this temporal non-linearity which made/makes/will make Rugrat such a consistent strikeout artist despite occasionally appearing as such a small baby.

Rugrat is well known for allowing almost no walks in her games, even in early seasons. Fans speculate that this is because, as a sometimes-baby, she doesn't know how to walk herself.

It is unclear when, how, or why Rugrat joined/joins/will join the Wild Wings. When asked about why there was a baby on the team, teammate Miguel Wheeler said, “What are we supposed to do, tell her no?” The critiques of Rugrat’s presence on a professional sports team have faded away as she proved herself a good and trustworthy pitcher.

Career with the Wild Wings

In Season 3, 97% of surveyed Wild Wings fans agreed with the statement: "Silvia Rugrat is our Queen." The other 3% were unavailable for comment.

Over time, Rugrat gained a reputation as a consistent pitcher, which was made all the more impressive by her status as a wildly inconsistent temporal anomaly. Despite being permanently in flux, Rugrat was a mainstay of the Wings’ pitching rotation, not moving from her spot in the roster until a Fax Machine incident forced her to move.

As one of the longest-tenured pitchers in the league, Rugrat has seen/sees/will see her share of tragedies. When asked about this history, Rugrat typically has one of two responses. The first is to say that she has also seen her share of victories and beautiful things. The second is to cry. These responses are not limited by her status as baby or lounge singer at the time of response.

In Season 24, aided by improved survey technology, Wild Wings fans were surveyed again. This time, 100% of fans agreed with the statement, “Silvia Rugrat is our queen.” 100% also agreed with the statement “Silvia Rugrat is our anchor.”

Career as a Singer

Rugrat enjoys telling improbable stories about singing in clubs and speakeasies in Depression-era Chicago. The fact that these stories bear a striking resemblance to various popular movies, books, and radio serials of the time does not make them any less likely to be true. Rugrat does not perform whilst in 20XX, but she will sing for her teammates sometimes.

Career as a Baby

Like pretty much all babies, Rugrat requires naps. Her teammates appreciate this and will sometimes nap with her.

Fan Works