Official League Records
During the Season β9 elections, Karim joined the Garages' lineup in exchange for Nolanestophia Patterson via the Out of Sight blessing. Karim then immediately returned to the Shadows in exchange for Sparks Beans.
On Season β21, Day 81, Karim joined the Garages' pitching rotation in exchange for Fairwood Patchwork via The Hotdogfingers Memorial Climate Pledge Garage and Parking Facility's Fax Machine. On Day 98, Karim retreated back to the Garages' Shadows in exchange for Arturo Huerta via the Fax Machine.
On Season β22, Day 34, Karim retreated into the Garages' Shadows in exchange for Alaynabella Hollywood via The Hotdogfingers Memorial Climate Pledge Garage and Parking Facility's Fax Machine.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Box of Mcdowell Karim Files
- Dust billows as the file box lands on the table. While many archives in the Interdimensional Rumor Mill are unified in some way, this... definitely isn’t one of them. The accompanying Rumor Registry explains all of the contents... wherever it is... but for now you grab the folder labelled IF-04.520 and start reading...
Neighbors, Seattle locals and strangers alike all have little trouble finding the detective’s office located on Mcdowell Street. Mcdowell Karim, as they are often called (to distinguish between them and the dentist, Dr. Karim, who lives a few streets over), has lived and done business in the neighborhood for some time, and is known to many as a reliable and often-busy member of the community.
Karim is a second-generation Iranian Arab immigrant and a practicing Muslim. The “divining” in their pregame ritual refers to their investigative work through their private detective agency, The Eye of the Storm; to their love for meteorological research, and to their generally inquisitive nature. Their investigations often assist in uncovering corporate cover-ups and exposing unethical business practices, though they also have worked on a number of missing persons cases.
Since their youth, Karim has been fascinated by the movements of weather patterns and their sometimes ephemeral impact on the world around them, and what started as a hobby developed into a veritable skill and an area of expertise.
The aforementioned office building on McDowell St. is anything but inconspicuous, despite what one might think of for a detective’s secrecy, as Karim has covered the roof in weather vanes, anemometers, cables, wires, and satellite dishes used to measure and detect increasingly complicated weather fronts. In recent seasons, the complex array has grown to include a tank the full length of the roof that automatically captures, releases and tracks wild salmon, a mounted magnetometer for the detection of Polarity shifts, and a convoluted Rube Goldberg machine that pours visitors cups of naturally gathered Coffee at the press of a button.
Karim originally registered their detective agency as a satellite branch of the Seattle Garages Shadows Co-Op in search of further information about how the weather patterns introduced by the return of Blaseball would impact larger systems. Their curiosity would quickly be fed and added to by the ever-expanding mysteries presented by the game of Blaseball itself, and Karim would find themself spending more time researching the unknowns of the splort than ever before.
After briefly emerging from the Garages’ shadows in Season β10, Karim ran face to face into an intersection of their interests while spectating the Coffee Cup, witnessing the mysterious Saucer’s impact on players during Coffee weather. When at last, seasons and a Grand Siesta later, things came to a head as Redactions plagued the league, Karim’s skills were in the right place at the right time. Since then, Karim has worked with other investigators in the league to unravel the mystery of Redaction as well as to keep track of the ever-Expanding strangenesses of Blaseball weather itself.
- Karim met Sparks Beans through a great recommendation on halal restaurants on one of their visits to Beans’s place of employment, The Pregame Ritual. Beans introduced them to Avila Guzman, and the three became fast friends – and just as quickly, co-investigators, as it became clear that Guzman and Beans’s Barista knowledge might soon lead closer to the truth of the matter where Redaction was involved. With their meteorological equipment, Karim gathered hyper-accurate weather data in the weeks leading up to the death of Sparks Beans in season 19, data which helped Guzman, Beans, and Magi Ruiz prepare a solution that would allow Beans to survive as an electric entity.
- In the time since Lenjamin Zhuge, Alaynabella Hollywood, and MaX returned from Shark Seattle with the materials to build the Salmon Spire, Karim has taken to using the Spire as a controlled environment to study the movements of salmon in their habitat as a sort of microcosm of larger salmon-weather patterns. Karim has recruited a few other Garages, including Zhuge, to bring their measuring sensors further into the Spire, though they were at first surprised when Zhuge jumped directly into the water and swam up with sharklike speed.
- Karim has kept a running measurement of Feedback weather fronts every season to help ensure the safety of MaX, and to prepare for any possible incidents.
- When not referred to with the location of their office as a prefix, Karim tends to just go by Karim, preferring to keep their surname private.
- Karim once attempted to run a “Junior Detective Skills Workshop” activity class for the Li’l Roadies, to share some of their own observational skills with the next generation. The class mostly resulted in the Li’l Roadies tracking mud, slime, and debris all over the Big Garage. They were supposed to follow the trails, but that got lost somewhere along the line.
The following fics feature Mcdowell Karim:
- All's fair in love and coffee by StarNavigator
Karim mini by Hetreasky
|Buried||Jasper Destiny · Rigby Friedrich · Chandra Blortles · Pedro Davids|
|Stats||NEW Seasons||1 · 2|
|Beta Seasons||β1 · β2 · β3 · β4 · β5 · β6 · β7 · β8 · β9 · β10 · β11 · β12 · β13 · β14 · β15 · β16 · β17 · β18 · β19 · β20 · β21 · β22 · β23 · β24|
|Ballpark||The Hotdogfingers Memorial Climate Pledge Garage and Parking Facility|
|Community||United Seattle Garages Mascot Workers · Seattle Garages Stadium and Training Volunteers · Seattle Garages Lil' Roadies|
|Places||Dark Seattle · Seattle Gum Wall · Ron Monstera Memorial Cat Cafe and Sanctuary · Seattle Shadows Co-op|
|History||Seattle Garages's History · Jamazon · Dark Seattle Corporates · Operation DEBT Collection|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|