Season 6 began on September 7, 2020. The regular season concluded on September 12, 2020, followed by the postseason and Internet Series on September 13, 2020. It is the 5th season of The Discipline Era. The Baltimore Crabs defeated the Seattle Garages in three games to win their first Internet Series championship.
League Restructuring and Blood Baths
The High Filter decree successfully passed at the end of Season 5, "resulting in the ILB getting dunked in the Blood Tub and surfacing reborn." The existing Good/Evil subleagues and Lawful/Chaotic divisions were restructured based on Season 5 standings into the Wild/Mild subleagues and High/Low divisions. Specifically, the Wild League contains the Top 5 and Bottom 5 teams as of Season 5, while the Mild League contains the teams in between.
Additionally, the decree describes "blood fill[ing] the tub" to introduce a new game mechanic called Blood Baths that interact with four new permanent modifications to every team, based on their division. All four of these "Blood" modifications involve losing or receiving star stats in a variety of circumstances that appear to redistribute player ability across more of the league. The first Blood Bath was anticipated to be occurring this season, but it was instead postponed for unknown reasons.
See the main article on this topic: Idols
Idols is the sixth subtitle of The Discipline Era, appearing upon the opening of Season 6. This introduced the new game mechanic Idols, which allows Blaseball participants to idolize any player in the league and benefit from that player's success during games, independent of team loyalty.
See the main article on this topic: Blooddrain
Wild Wings v. Blaseball Gods
See the main article on this topic: Mexico City Wild Wings v. The Blaseball Gods
Following the Leagues reorientation from the High Filter decree, the Mexico City Wild Wings were placed in the Mild League instead of the Wild League. The team and its fans filed a legal complaint which was summarily dismissed by The Commissioner. Throughout Season 6, the team was known at various points as the "Wild Wings" and "Mild Wings" while their location alternated between Mexico City and Wexico City. During the events of The Third Strike (below), the team was renamed the Mexico City Mild Wings.
The Third Strike
See the main article on this topic: The Third Strike
Following the conclusion of the regular season, the dotted red line on the Idols leaderboard, splitting the top three idolized players from the rest of the page, began to vibrate for approximately half an hour. At the top of the hour, The Peanut spoke and called The Third Strike, claiming that fans have patronized them. Jessica Telephone and Nagomi Mcdaniel received the modification Shelled, which encased the two players inside giant peanut shells, effectively skipping them when their turn comes up in the rotation. However, Peanut Bong, who was in the third position, was left unscathed. Fans speculated that The Peanut only wanted the Peanut-named players in the top three positions, and that this was the reason Bong did not suffer any harm during Third Strike.
The Return of Jaylen Hotdogfingers
See the main article on this topic: Jaylen Hotdogfingers
Shortly following the end of play on Day 32, incinerated Garages pitcher Jaylen Hotdogfingers entered the Idols leaderboard as a member of the enigmatic Null Team after fans learned of the means to idolize incinerated players. As Hotdogfingers was the first incinerated player in the history of Internet League Blaseball, many fans viewed Hotdogfingers' idolization as an act of defiance against the Blaseball Gods. In response to fans, The Commissioner asked, "are you sure about this[?]" Fans were sure about it, and helped maintain Hotdogfingers' 14th place on the leaderboard, which was covered by the blessing Lottery Pick. Hotdogfingers was brought back to the Garages during the Season 6 election, replacing Mike Townsend in the pitching rotation, who was sent to Shadows.
Following the Season 5 election, the following decrees are in place for Season 6:
- Eat The Rich (Season 3): Funds from the top 1% of coin-havers will be redistributed to the remainder of Fans at the end of the postseason. This decree will remain in effect indefinitely.
- Alternate Reality (Season 4): Two players from each team have swapped with alternate reality versions of themselves and have new attributes. This player effect is permanent.
- High Filter (Season 5): Teams have new leagues and divisions. Fans may now select a player as an idol. The Blood Bath will become a seasonal occurrence.
|The Wild League||Record||The Mild League||Record|
|Wild High||Mild High|
|Baltimore Crabs 🦀*||80-19||Hades Tigers 🐅*||57-42|
|Breckenridge Jazz Hands 👐*||59-40||Kansas City Breath Mints 🍬*||55-44|
|San Francisco Lovers 💋*||53-46||Seattle Garages 🎸*||53-46|
|New York Millennials 📱||51-48||Dallas Steaks 🥩||48-51|
|Chicago Firefighters 🔥||50-49||Canada Moist Talkers 🗣️||48-51|
|Wild Low||Mild Low|
|Boston Flowers 🌹*||51-48||Philly Pies 🥧*||60-39|
|Hellmouth Sunbeams 🌞||47-52||Charleston Shoe Thieves 👟||48-51|
|Houston Spies 🕵️||42-57||Mexico City Wild Wings 🍗||45-54|
|Miami Dale 🚤||37-62||----------- ----- ✨||43-56|
|LA Unlimited Tacos 🌮||32-67||Hawai'i Fridays 🏝️||31-68|
*Denotes teams who made it to the playoffs.
The Boston Flowers hold the tiebreaker over the New York Millennials due to Divine Favor.
As of Season 5, teams alternate home games with the higher seed hosting first.
|Round of 8||Round of 4||Internet Series|
|3||Kansas City Breath Mints||2|
|2||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||0|
|2||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||3|
|3||San Francisco Lovers||2|
The Decree with the most community votes will go into effect.
|Hot Sauce||Feel the Heat. Makes a random player on each team Spicy.|
|Enhanced Party Time||When a team is in Party Time -- Mathematically eliminated from the Postseason -- they'll have a chance of receiving random permanent stat boosts during their games.|
|New Kids||Incinerate the least Idolized player on every team.|
Each blessing will be awarded to a randomly selected player or team based. Votes from a team's fans increase the likelihood of that team receiving a blessing.
|Rate and Review, brought to you by The Multitude Podcast Collective||Boost your team's most Idolized player by 25%.|
|Collect Call||Dial Zero. Call in the Alternate for the least Idolized player on your team.|
|Lottery Pick||Steal the 14th Most Idolized Player in the League.|
|Who?||Never heard of them. Maximize and steal the least Idolized player in the league.|
|Headliners||Arrange your lineup in order of their Idolatry.|
|Party Line||Hello? Who's there? Replace a player on your team with the Alternate of a random player from another team.|
|Spin Attack||Gotta Go Fast. Boost Your Team's Speed by 15%.|
|Ooze||Learn its secrets. Boost Your Team's Power by 10%.|
|Mutually Arising||Keep your enemies closer. Improve your entire division by 2%.|
|Sharing Signs||It's not stealing if we all do it. Improve your division by +10% hitting, -5% pitching.|
|Move the Mounds Closer||They won't notice. Improve your division by +10% pitching, -5% hitting.|
|Single-Season Fourth Strike||Mulligan. Your Team gets the Fourth-Strike next Season.|
|Gravity Boots||Armor. Prevent a random player on your team from being Reverbed.|
|Night Vision Goggles||Item. Random player on your team hits 50% better during Solar Eclipses.|
|Shrink Ray||Get Tiny. Item. Random player on your team gets smaller strike zone, increased Baserunning, decreased Power.|
|Fireproof Jacket||Armor. Protect a random Player on your team from Incinerations.|
|The Best Defense||Is good offense. Swap your best hitting pitcher into your lineup.|
|The Best Offense||Is good defense. Swap your best pitching hitter into your rotation.|
|Headhunter||The best hitter in your team's subleague (Mild or Wild) joins your team.|
|Vulture||The best player in your team's division joins your team.|
- Enhanced Party Time passed with 222,527 Votes, 77% of all Decree Votes
- THE PARTY RAGES
- BISCAYNE BAY SET ALIGHT
- INVITING LIFE
- Night Vision Googles blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Shrink Ray blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Headhunter blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Single-Season Fourth Strike blessed the Breckenridge Jazz Hands.
- Gravity Boots blessed the Breckenridge Jazz Hands.
- Headliners blessed the Kansas City Breath Mints.
- Spin Attack blessed the Kansas City Breath Mints.
- Boosted the Kansas City Breath Mints' speed by 15%
- The Breath Mints had 5% of the votes. The Baltimore Crabs were the highest bidders with 26% of the votes. 159,813 votes were cast.
- Lottery Pick blessed the Seattle Garages.
- Fireproof Jacket blessed the Seattle Garages.
- Sharing Signs blessed the Boston Flowers.
- Ooze blessed the New York Millennials.
- Boosted the New York Millennials power by 10%
- The Millennials had 3% of the votes. The Canada Moist Talkers were the highest bidders with 19% of the votes. 244,660 votes were cast.
- The Best Defense blessed the New York Millennials.
- Rate and Review, brought to you by The Multitude Podcast Collective blessed the Dallas Steaks.
- Collect Call blessed the Dallas Steaks.
- Who? blessed the Charleston Shoe Thieves.
- Charleston Shoe Thieves stole the least popular player in the league, hitter Howell Franklin, from the Houston Spies, and maxed their stats. They sent back their worst hitter, Joe Voorhees.
- The Shoe Thieves had 7% of the votes. The Hades Tigers were the highest bidders with 20% of the votes. 233,606 votes were cast.
- Mutually Arising blessed the Charleston Shoe Thieves.
- Improved the Mexico City Mild Wings' overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Hawai'i Fridays' overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Philly Pies' overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Charleston Shoe Thieves' overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Yellowstone Magic's overall rating by 2%
- The Shoe Thieves had 16% of the votes. The Seattle Garages were the highest bidders with 24% of the votes. 75,599 votes were cast.
- Move the Mounds Closer blessed the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
- Improved the Wild Low's pitching rating by 10% and impaired their hitting rating by -5%
- The Sunbeams had 33% of the votes and were the highest bidders. 64,315 votes were cast.
- Vulture blessed the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
- Party Line blessed the Houston Spies.
- The Best Offense blessed the Houston Spies.
|Forrest Bookbaby||Philly Pies||Day 21||Alston Cerveza||Mexico City Wild Wings|
|Caligula Lotus||Boston Flowers||Day 31||Hiroto Cerna||San Francisco Lovers|
|Randall Marijuana||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Day 84||Steph Weeks||Houston Spies|
|Mickey Woods||Philly Pies||Day 95||Jaxon Buckley||Hellmouth Sunbeams|
When any player is in a match during Peanut weather, there is a chance they will "swallow a stray peanut" and experience a permanent physical reaction, called either an Allergic Reaction or a Yummy Reaction. Known cases of this in Season 6 are listed below.
|Sutton Picklestein||Yellowstone Magic||Day 38||Mexico City Wild Wings||Allergic|
|Joe Voorhees||Charleston Shoe Thieves||Day 76||Mexico City Wild Wings||Allergic|
|Rat Mason||Unlimited Tacos||Day 85||Boston Flowers||Allergic|
When any player is in a game during Feedback weather, there is a chance reality will "flicker in the feedback" and two players will permanently swap team membership. Known cases of this in Season 6 are listed below.
|Player A||Former Team A||Player B||Former Team B||Date|
|Francisca Sasquatch||Miami Dale||Wyatt Owens||Unlimited Tacos||Day 18|
|Fish Summer||Hades Tigers||Richmond Harrison||Canada Moist Talkers||Day 19|
|Valentine Games||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Conrad Vaughan||New York Millennials||Day 22|
|Antonio Wallace||Charleston Shoe Thieves||Lachlan Shelton||Canada Moist Talkers||Day 23|
|Comfort Septemberish||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Collins Melon||Houston Spies||Day 41|
|Hendricks Richardson||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Randall Marijuana||Hellmouth Sunbeams||Day 44|
|Andrew Solis||Houston Spies||Valentine Games||New York Millennials||Day 51|
|Sigmund Castillo||San Francisco Lovers||Alexander Horne||Hellmouth Sunbeams||Day 61|
|Beck Whitney||Boston Flowers||Hahn Fox||Miami Dale||Day 80|
|Hobbs Cain||Canada Moist Talkers||Alston Cerveza||Philly Pies||Day 82|
|Bevan Underbuck (Immune)||Hawai'i Fridays||Ron Monstera||Seattle Garages||Day 91*|
* Denotes feedback events where no swap occurred, because at least one player was immune to its effects.
When any team is in a game during Reverb weather, there is a chance that some portion of their roster will get shuffled. Reverb can change the order of the lineup, rotation, or the whole team. If the entire lineup is shuffled, there is a chance that batters will become pitchers and vice versa. Known instances of reverb in Season 6 are listed below.
|Miami Dale||Day 34||Rotation|
|Kansas City Breath Mints||Day 68||Rotation|
|Miami Dale||Day 95||Lineup|
When any player is in a game during Blooddrain weather, there is a chance that they can siphon stars from another player. This can affect any stat and any pair of players on opposing teams. Known instances of siphoning in Season 6 are listed below.
- The Game Band (6 Sep 2020). "Firefighters Win! Claim Everywhere is Chicago!" The Blaseball Beat.
- Game Log. Blaseball.com.
- Game Log. Blaseball.com.