Sigmund Castillo is lineup player for the Dallas Steaks, and has been with the team since Season 2, Day 88. Castillo has previously played for the San Francisco Lovers, Hellmouth Sunbeams, Houston Spies, and Broken Ridge Jazz Hands.
Official League Records
On Season β6, Day 29, Castillo siphoned some of Breckenridge Jazz Hands lineup player Nagomi Mcdaniel's baserunning ability in a game with Blooddrain weather, increasing their own ability from to . On Season 6, Day 61, Castillo was exchanged to the Hellmouth Sunbeams due to Feedback. Castillo was replaced by Alexander Horne. During the Season β6 elections the Sunbeams received the Move the Mounds Closer blessing and benefited from the Sharing Signs blessing the Boston Flowers received, which increased Castillo's batting and pitching each by a star.
During the Season β19 elections, Castillo's pitching increased from 4.9 -> 6.4 as a result of the Sunbeams' Shadow Infuse will. In the same season, Castillo rejoined the pitching rotation in exchange for Lars Taylor as a result of the Sunbeams' Foreshadow will.
On Season 2, Day 81, Castillo was Cursed by a Bard Umpire during a Solar Eclipse (Gold) and gained the Can't Lose modification. At the conclusion of Day 83, Castillo began to move teams. Over the course of the season they joined the Houston Spies, Broken Ridge Jazz Hands, and Dallas Steaks.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Despite being a castle, Sigmund Castillo (they/them) is not particularly any better in the outfield than they are at bat, but they are a surprisingly fast blaserunner. After performing some demonic rituals, Castillo grew two arms, of which Lovers player Milo Brown says "[the arms] makes them way better at bat, and also at hugging during Cuddle Puddle Time, so I'm fine with it."
Knight Triumphant has lived in Castillo for as long as they can remember. Upon returning from their trip to the Hellmouth, Triumphant heard rumor that their childhood home had been taken over by the ruling class of San Francisco. When Triumphant and Theo King tried to engage in a siege of Castillo, the duo discovered that when they asked nicely, Castillo simply opened the gate and let them in. Upon entry, the two realized that Castillo was no longer an ordinary castle or harboring the feudal elite of San Francisco. Triumphant profusely apologized for the misunderstanding, which Castillo graciously accepted. The rest is, as they say, history.
Castillo's Western Wing has a group of individuals living in it - little is known about them, but Castillo warns visitors that entering the area is dangerous.
Move to the Hellmouth
On Day 61 of Season β6, during a feedback storm following a game between the Hellmouth Sunbeams and the San Francisco Lovers, a beam of light pierced the cloud cover over San Francisco, bathing the parapets of Sigmund Castillo in glorious light. It was then that Castillo was anointed as the King of Themself. As King Sigmund Castillo of Sigmund Castillo, they can be found just outside Hellmouth, welcoming all. However, a sign near the gate warns visitors that should they choose to leave Castillo's walls, they will not be protected from the surrounding Hellmouth.
On Castillo's arrival to the Hellmouth, they discovered some new residents within themselves. These Gargoyles, made of clay and shaped like pigeons, were friendly, and quickly introduced themselves to their King. They can often be found around the castle cleaning, doing repairs, or other general maintenance.
When asked as to why they cannot play blaseball, they point to two main factors: Firstly, that Sigmund Castillo is the signed Blaseball Player, not them. Secondly, they have their own league that they feel is far more important to focus on right now. Nevertheless, when games are going on that Castillo is playing, and they don’t have any Blittle league games occurring, they can often be found cheering on the parapets of Castillo. They particularly appreciate Castillo doing Crime.
- How exactly Castillo runs the bases is the subject of fierce conjecture and disagreement among Geology. and splortsfans. Most recent observations suggest Castillo either uses a smaller sand castle as a pinch runner, or relies on Immateria, which creates liquefaction that unmoors Castillo, allowing them to slowly drift via the forces of wind and the Coriolis effect. All patiently, patiently, patiently wait for Castillo to get to the next base. The fielders dare not throw him out, as they are overawed by the multi-millennial powers of
- When the Lovers relief pitchers are not in play, they can be found hanging out inside of Castillo. One would think this would put the Lovers at risk for too many players on the field, however the inside of Castillo counts as its own sovereign land separate from the Blaseball field, making it exempt from its rules and laws.
- As Castillo acclimated to their new home, it was made clear that the Lovers pitchers continued to be welcome in their halls, in addition to the Sunbeams pitchers, who adopted the same tradition.
- While Castillo is the childhood home of Knight Triumphant, it is unknown if Castillo was always sentient and just preferred to remain quiet or if something triggered this change.
- Castillo's arrival to the Hellmouth elevated the Sunbeams' average-skeletons-per-player metric into double digits, leading to the team consequently repurposing their sizable undercroft for xylophone storage.
- Due to Castillo containing doors to alternate realities, all versions of Castillo simultaneously contain and are contained by all other Castillos. This also means Castillo contains infinite bones.
- As a result of all Castillos containing all other Castillos, Castillo fundamentally violates the Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory axiom of regularity. This is because of the various Castillos connecting to each other such that Castillo1 ∈ Castillo0 ∈ Castillo1. This result is known as the Sigmund Paradox.
- Castillo's alternate reality doors (or ARDs) come in all shapes and sizes. Some aren't even doors!
- One of the gargoyles is named Glilbert.
- In addition to their ARDs, upon falling to the Breckenridge Jazz Hands, doors appeared in both Castillo and The Tower that connect to one another. 
- 'Sigmund Castillo' tag on AO3
- Breckenridge Jazz Hands Tumblr [breckenridge-jazz-hands] (19 Nov 2022). (Post) - via Tumblr.
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|Ballpark||George Fourman Stadium|
|Staff||The Grill Master · Coach|
|History||Dallas Steaks' History|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|