Hahn Fox was a lineup player for the Moab Hellmouth Sunbeams, and was with the Sunbeams from the Season β6 elections until Fall Ball. Fox has previously played for the Miami Dale and the Boston Flowers.
Official League Records
On Season β6, Day 80, Fox was exchanged to the Boston Flowers due to Feedback. Fox was replaced by Beck Whitney. During the Season β6 elections the Flowers received the Sharing Signs blessing and benefited from the Move the Mounds Closer blessing the Hellmouth Sunbeams received, resulting in a combined 11.6 → 12.1 stat increase. Fox was then traded to the Hellmouth Sunbeams in exchange for Alaynabella Hollywood via the Vulture blessing.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Fox, often referred to as "The Dale Sweetheart" or "The Wild Low Sweetheart", has been consistently described by teammates—both past and present—as dependable, a powerhouse, and "a rock" of her team.
While her own skill on the field is impressive, Fox has a particular talent for nudging and uplifting her teammates to ever-greater heights. For instance, in Game 99 of Season β6, Fox batted in Nic Winkler and Castillo Turner, tying the game at 11-11 and allowing Moses Mason to win the game for the Flowers in the 10th inning. Although Mason may have batted in the final run, the Flowers never would have gotten the chance if not for Fox.
Sandoval Crossing, Fox's co-strategist on the Sunbeams team has said of Fox, "she's why we've actually got our act together of late. We're regularly making the playoffs now, instead of being bottom of the division—and there's no way in Sol we'd be here without her."
After a season or two to grow accustomed to playing with the Sunbeams, living in Hellmouth, and cheerfully taking on every responsibility she could, Fox began to gain a better sense of her teammates' individual strengths. She now forms the core of the Sunbeams' strategy team, alongside Crossing and Nerd Pacheco. Crossing and Fox schedule weekly strategy meetings in a designated room inside Sigmund Castillo, to settle in with smoothies and game footage to talk tactics. Her improved understanding of her teammates has also given her extraordinary skill at delegating tasks among the team to ensure the work is done, and done well.
Adjustment and Adaptations to Hellmouth
After moving to the Hellmouth at the end of the Season 6 elections, she Adapted bioluminescence. Fox's Adaptation(s) is/are a point of speculation among researchers into the phenomenon, as Adaptations are generally understood to aid a permanent resident in surviving the everyday horrors of Hellmouth. As it is unknown how bioluminescence would help one better survive the Hellmouth, experts believe Fox gained an additional, less-tangible, Adaptation.
Fox herself is unsure what such an Adaptation might entail, expressing the following in an interview:
I can't really say I noticed major changes when I moved [...] Crayons—sorry, Priya—Priya thinks my new freckles are cute, sure, but changes that made living here easier? Not really? It's a delightfully weird place, sure, I'm really looking forward to going with Priya to check out Living Horse Point next Siesta, but hostile? Unwelcome? Even the bone-shattering voice that I first heard when I came to Hellmouth wanted to "have a pleasant stay." That's normal, right?
In spite of Fox's personal views, incongruously normal activity (or occasionally, a tamping-down of Hellmouth-typical anomalous activity) is a repeated occurrence around the batter. Notable non-incidents include:
- The comings and goings of Hahn Fox's wife, Priya Fox
- Hahn Fox's backyard pool
- Hahn Fox's lunch
- The safe capture and transport of a tentacular voidbeast encamped on the Solarium's third base by "Wildlife Rescue" (see below)
Such non-happenings and more have made Fox the subject of polite fascination among Adaptation enthusiasts, leading to a documentary made about her day-to-day life in Hellmouth.
Fox's nickname, "The Dale Sweetheart", came from her maintaining sobriety amongst the cafecito-ridden team culture of the Dale. Fox has a brand endorsement deal with Diet Mlountain Dew, and promotes it as an alternative to cafecito culture. The ads feature the slogans, "A Home Run for Sobriety", "Tickles Your Brainstem, But Gently", and "Parté with Aspartamé".
Fox is a member-founder of the Party Animals.
Fox was married during Season β1 to Priya Fox, Tot Fox's third cousin, and took her name. The reception has been ranked as the 7th most influential Dale/Breckenridge Jazz Hands matchup. True to form, the Dale Sweetheart maintains positive relationships with her in-laws both on and off the field.
Fox founded the first definitely-real wildlife rescue center in Hellmouth, after a not-quite-incident involving an exofauna in the Solarium. The creature was initially discovered by Nerd Pacheco and Sandoval Crossing, who were debating how to deal with it while Fox Googill-searched a local wildlife rescue. Despite Pacheco's insistence that no such service existed, Individuals did promptly arrive and safely relocate the creature. Fox decided to organize a proper rescue center and wildlife hospital after Pacheco tried to trace the number Fox dialed, and his phone turned to slag when attempting to call it.
Fox's squiddish appearance has prompted speculation that she may be an avatar, incarnation, descendant, or feeding appendage of The Monitor.
- Owns a really cool sword. Her wife gave it to her.
- Fox has 1000+ hours logged in , and is not married yet. Initially she didn’t want to cheat on her wife, but after Priya’s insistence it was okay, she is now committed to a slow-burn.
- Fox often plays legally distinct ttrpgs with her wife and her wife’s friends. Her favorite kind of character to play is either a bard or any cool girl with a sword as long as she can romance her wife (often the GM) in game.
- It is not uncommon to find Fox diving in the “Colorado River” Reemergence as she is the only person able to do this. She often brings her wife.
- Fox often catches wild fish and game from the upper Colorado River and Hellmouth Falls for fun. Due to her wife's suggestion she now donates these to HCC professors to study. This includes frictionless sharks because, despite the professors' best efforts, they always slip away. Fox does not know what a fishing rod is.
- Fox has been reported sometimes considering knuckle tattoos that say “POGG HERS,” but has stated her wife would not let her.
For more fanfiction see the 'Hahn Fox' tag on AO3
Rare Pixel variant. Discovered by @MrMEGATRUCK
Hahn Fox and Wyatt Quitter by @Fancymancer
Fox at Hlomecoming
Sunbeams fashion crimes
Hahn in casual wear
Fox and Alaynabella Hollywood
Hahn and Priya
THE GINGER ALE INCIDENT cast
Fox's "Blaseball Blattlers" sprite
- This change was not reflected in the Season 7 Election Results. Stickum was only applied to pitchers when it should have been the entire roster. Seemingly as consolation, three Sunbeams' batters were given a 1 star increase in defense.
- Bread sliced in Hellmouth normally screams as it is cut, a fact Fox claims to only have learned after bringing her own hastily-made sandwich one time to batting practice with the rest of the team.
- "Wildlife rescue" in Hellmouth generally refers to rescuing people from wildlife, usually with limited success.
- Hahn Fox has requested that the inclusion of her wife in any and all statements made about her, regardless of subject.