Kansas City Breath Mints/Season 7
Season 7 was a pivotal moment in history for the Breath Mints, as they experienced massive success for the first time off the back of the Headliners blessing, only to have that success come to a crushing end with the Day 96 incineration of beloved star leadoff hitter Boyfriend Monreal at the hands of the debted Jaylen Hotdogfingers, leaving a poor leadoff replacement in Pudge Nakamoto unable to fill their famously quick shoes.
In the postseason, the Breath Mints were seeded 1st in the Mild League, and lost 1-3 versus the Mexico City Wild Wings in the first round Division Series.
Targeted by the Decree Bless Off, the Breath Mints won 0 blessings in the Election. This was their first time not winning any blessings in an Election. Targeted by a blessing won by the Hawai'i Fridays, the Breath Mints received Targeted Shame for the following Season.
The starting roster of Season 7.
The Breath Mints experienced 4 blooddrains during Season 7:
- On Day 15, Marquez Clark siphoned defensive ability from Houston Spies’ Valentine Games.
- On Day 20, Boyfriend Monreal had their baserunning ability siphoned by Hawai'i Fridays’ Elijah Valenzuela.
- On Day 51, Marquez Clark siphoned hitting ability from Canada Moist Talkers’ Workman Gloom.
- On Day 62, PolkaDot Zavala had their hitting ability siphoned by Seattle Garages’ Theodore Duende.
The Breath Mints experienced 1 incineration during Season 7:
In Season 7, some of the notable Breath Mints games were:
- On Day 5, Jaylen Hotdogfingers makes their first return to pitching since becoming Returned and Debted. Dickerson Morse, Stew Briggs, and Marquez Clark are hit by pitch and made Unstable. (Watch here on Before)
- On Day 85, Grey Alvarado is hit by pitch and made unstable by Jaylen Hotdogfingers. (Watch here on Before)
- On Day 95, Boyfriend Monreal, Lenny Spruce, and Grey Alvarado are hit by pitch and made unstable by Jaylen Hotdotfingers. (Watch here on Before)
- On Day 96, Boyfriend Monreal is incinerated. (Watch here on Before)
- After the incineration of Monreal, Day 96 forever became known as “Not Nice Day” among Breath Mints fans.
- Bless Off affected the Breath Mints, preventing them from being able to win any blessings in the Season 7 Election.
- The Shame Bubble blessed the Hawai'i Fridays.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
The Breath Mints start Season 7 with their best performance ever, finishing the regular season with a record behind only the powerhouse Baltimore Crabs. Remarkably, they dominated even in games in which they are expected to lose, setting incredible records as underdogs.
Newly leadoff star hitter Boyfriend Monreal lead the team through a league on fire, as teams around the Mints suffered loss after loss at the hands of the resurrected Jaylen Hotdogfingers. However, the Mints found they could only dodge consequences for so long, as finally, on Day 96, their own shining star Monreal paid Hotdogfingers’ Debt with their own life. Teams and fans alike screamed their pain at the loss of their beloved, and declared Day 96 to forever be “Not Nice Day”, a day of mourning and remembrance.
While the league mourned Monreal, a new face appeared to leadoff the Mints lineup. Sadly, new recruit Pudge Nakamoto was a poor replacement on the field for Monreal’s easy winks and quick feet. While the friendly face provided some comfort for their teammates, fans were left wanting as the team that had risen so quickly to the top during the regular season fell sharply short, winning only 1 game in the postseason. The team retreated to lick their wounds and mourn their losses, and wouldn’t be seen at such power again for seasons.
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · 9 · 10 · 11 · 12 · 13 · 14 · 15 · 16 · 17 · 18 · 19 · 20 · 21 · 22 · 23 · 24 · Full List|
|Circuit||Gamma 2 · Gamma 3 · Gamma 4|
|Ballpark||Kansas City FreshDome|
|Staff||Max Betmint · The Spearmint · Dr. Reverbo · Kacey Greens Jr.|
|History||Kansas City Breath Mints' History|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|"Fresh Breath, Here We Come."|