Official League Records
During the Season 19 Latesiesta, Carver received a Leg Broom via a Handcrafted Phone Crate. During the Season 19 elections, Carver's omniscience increased by 13% as a result of the Revelations blessing.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Life Before Blaseball
Sandie Carver, born Sarah Sanderson, was a theater enthusiast from a young age. She nicknamed herself Sandie, as there were three other Sarahs in her grade, and took Carver as her stage name. Carver didn’t realize the connection to their cousin, Whit Steakknife, until after they changed their name, but came around to wearing it as a source of pride in Whit’s accomplishments and prowess at the splort. Carver grew up on a farm around the outskirts of Kansas City. She appreciates the change in pace from New York, but sometimes longs for the quiet life she’s left behind.
Joining the Millennials
Wanting to make it big as a playwright, Carver fled the Midwest the first chance she got; with her heart set on Bloodway, she found herself in New York City. While asking around, constantly referring to their “pitch”- a manuscript for a play they’d written that they would show to Bloodway, Andrew Solis, who often took new Players on a tour after joining the Millennials, deduced that Carver must be their new pitcher.
Thoughts on Blaseball
With no prior knowledge of the splort, Carver believed that Blaseball was all an extremely elaborate theater performance that she was just happy to be a part of. After all, people had “died” in front of her and come back later, seemingly none the worse for wear. As time passed, and none of the Millennials could bear to explain it to her, Carver grew more entrenched in her beliefs - especially as the game became crazier in later Expansion. How could someone explain that glitter falling from the sky was, in fact, an actual weather phenomenon rather than special effects? In the Season 19 Elections, they gained an Omniscience boost. Though it had many effects, such as giving Carver the uncanny ability to always correctly guess who had eaten the last cookie, it changed their view on Blaseball forever. The game was a stage, they realized. Just not in the way they had thought. Because Carver was the only one who knew there were scripts.
While they harbor a fondness for every member of their former team, Carver is extremely close with Breath Mints players Leach Ingram, who is her former legal guardian, and PolkaDot Zavala, who Carver befriended during off-seasons. The relationship between Uncle Plasma, Sandie Carver, and Fynn Doyle is unknown. Not one of the three can or will talk about it. However, it is undeniable that Carver first began expressing interest in leaving the Shadows upon Plasma’s first visit to the Breath Mints; it is undeniable too, that upon Carver’s feedback swap with Doyle, Plasma was recorded giving at least one knowing wink.
After gaining the Arm Cannon, Carver has been seen spending time around Theodore Cervantes, noted cyborg. Carver says that Cervantes has been a great mentor for learning to accept the cannon as part of herself. Discussions between the two often becomes long, philosophical dialogue about gender, the search for Terminal Velocity, and what it really means to be a Millennials pitcher.
- By being Elsewhere during Season 22, Day 13, Carver indirectly caused the birth of Pitching Machine, AKA Li'l Pitchy. She is one of the few Millennials that Cervantes trusts to babysit Li’l Pitchy.
- During the Season 23 Elections, Carver received the Literal Arm Cannon, previous item of Axel Trololol.
- On Season 24, Day 3, the Breath Mints were incinerated. Sandie Carver pitched a shutout on Day 4. She would go on to have a career-best season.
- Carver is Whit Steakknife’s cousin. The knife gene is recessive.
- Carver’s “unnaturally sharp fingernails” are certainly due to her elaborate nail-care routine, and nothing more.
- Carver writes five-minute experimental plays between games and has other Millennials act them out. While at first, the rest of the Mills ranged from ambivalent to indignant, they soon grew fond of the breaks from Blaseball, and now all but fight each other to have the main role.
- Carver knits as a hobby. She has a long homemade scarf that she will never be seen without, though no-one can quite agree on its color or pattern.
Li'l Scarver by @AndreaStreeter
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4|
|Ballpark||New York, New York Arena, Arena|
|Staff||Millie the Bodega Cat · NYSMM|
|Places||New York · The Apartment|
|History||New York Millennials' History · Millennials (generation)|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|Youth Will Save Us|