Season 5 began on August 31, 2020. The regular season concluded on September 4, 2020, followed by the postseason and 5th Internet Series on September 5th, 2020. The season election took on September 6, 2020. It is the 4th season of The Discipline Era. Season 5 concluded with the Chicago Firefighters defeating the Breckenridge Jazz Hands in 5 games to win their first Internet Series championship.
See the main article on this topic: Reverb
Reverb is the fifth subtitle of The Discipline Era, appearing upon the opening of Season 5. This introduced the new weather condition called Reverb which has a chance of shuffling the player positions on a single team.
Season 5 marked the first time that the decrees available for election offer no descriptions of their effect, only a name and an icon. The mystery decrees became a hotly debated topic of speculation among fans throughout the season, as community agreement on which decree to vote for became more splintered than ever before.
Party Time Speedrun
The Unlimited Tacos saw an especially terrible season of games, ending with a record of 23 Wins to 76 Losses. This resulted in the Tacos achieving Party Time by Day 78 (Thursday, September 3), the fastest of any team by far to date. Many Tacos fans characterized this as a speedrun, elevating the team's failure at Blaseball into a resounding success among the community. The Blaseball Beat later wrote of the event: "the fan-favorite Unlimited Tacos captured hearts and minds with a historic Regular Season Speed Run, reaching #PARTYTIME faster than any team ever before."
Following the Season 4 election, the following decrees will be in place for Season 5:
- Eat The Rich (Season 3): Funds from the top 1% of coin-havers will be redistributed to the remainder of Fans at the end of the postseason. This decree will remain in effect indefinitely.
- Targeted Shame (Season 4): If they are shamed, the Hades Tigers, Chicago Firefighters, New York Millennials, and Breckenridge Jazz Hands will begin their next game with negative runs equal to the number of runs by which they were shamed.
- Alternate Reality (Season 4): a pitcher and batter from each team have swapped with their alternates resulting in a permanent attribute change.
|The Good League||Record||The Evil League||Record|
|Lawful Good||Lawful Evil|
|*San Francisco Lovers 💋||65-34||*Baltimore Crabs 🦀||65-34|
|*Chicago Firefighters 🔥||60-39||*Hades Tigers 🐅||55-44|
|*Dallas Steaks 🥩||51-48||Mexico City Wild Wings 🍗||49-50|
|Kansas City Breath Mints 🍬||51-48||Philly Pies 🥧||46-53|
|LA Unlimited Tacos 🌮||23-76||Hellmouth Sunbeams 🌞||35-64|
|Chaotic Good||Chaotic Evil|
|*New York Millennials 📱||64-35||*Breckenridge Jazz Hands 👐||58-41|
|Hawai'i Fridays 🏝️||48-51||*Canada Moist Talkers 🗣️||55-44|
|Charleston Shoe Thieves 👟||46-53||Seattle Garages 🎸||52-47|
|Yellowstone Magic ✨||45-54||Houston Spies 🕵️||43-56|
|Boston Flowers 🌹||40-59||Miami Dale 🚤||39-60|
* Denotes teams that made it to the playoffs.
The Dallas Steaks hold the tiebreaker due to Divine Favor.
Beginning in Season 5, teams alternate home games with the higher seed hosting first.
|Round of 8||Round of 4||Internet Series|
|1||San Francisco Lovers||3|
|1||San Francisco Lovers||2|
|2||New York Millennials||1|
|Breckenridge Jazz Hands||2|
|4||Canada Moist Talkers||3|
|2||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||3|
|4||Canada Moist Talkers||2|
|2||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||3|
The Decree with the most community votes will go into effect.
Each blessing will be awarded to a randomly selected player or team based. Votes from a team's fans increase the likelihood of that team receiving a blessing.
|Zombies, Run! Presents Horde Hallucinations||They're coming! Improve your Team's Baserunning anywhere from -8% to +24%.|
|Rollback Netcode||Improve your Team's Overall rating anywhere from -3% to +9%.|
|Bad Neighbors||Impair your Division opponents' Overall rating by 3%.|
|Katamari||Grab everything you can. Improve your Team's Defense anywhere from -8% to +24%.|
|Solidarity||Improve your Team's Max Vibes by 15%|
|Keeping it Wavy||Improve your Team's Min Vibes by 15%|
|Falling Stars||Improve 4 random players on your team by one Star (20%).|
|Seduction||Swing Away. The best hitter in the league joins your team.|
|Soul Swap||They won't stop screaming. Randomizes your team's 5 worst players.|
|Mutual Aid||Praxis. Swap the positions of your worst hitter and worst pitcher.|
|The Plan? Hit from the Mound||Steal the best hitting pitcher in the league.|
|The Plan? Pitch from the Plate||Steal the best pitching hitter in the league.|
|Fireproof Jacket||Armor. Protect a random Player on your team from incinerations.|
|Flame-Resistant Foam||Your team is protected from Incinerations for the following season.|
|Noise-Cancelling Headphones||Have you heard a thing we said? Armor. Protect a random Player on your team from Feedback.|
|Wax||Your team is protected from Feedback for the following season.|
- High Filter passed with 39,656 votes and 26% of all decree votes.
- BLOOD FILLS THE TUB
- FOUR ARE DIPPED IN
- FIGHT FOR THE SURFACE
- A LADDER OF BODIES
- PORCELAIN CRACKS
- Zombies, Run! Presents Horde Hallucinations blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Improved the Baltimore Crabs' Baserunning by 17%
- The Crabs won with 29% of the vote. They were the highest bidders. 140,246 votes were cast.
- Rollback Netcode blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Improved the Baltimore Crabs' overall by 6%
- The Crabs won with 23% of the votes. They were the highest bidders. 162,553 votes were cast.
- Falling Stars blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- The Plan? Pitch from the Plate blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Katamari blessed the Chicago Firefighters.
- Improved the Firefighters' defense by 13%
- The Firefighters won with 7% of the votes. The Seattle Garages were the highest bidders with 17%. 121,810 votes were cast.
- Seduction blessed the Breckenridge Jazz Hands.
- Fireproof Jacket blessed the Hades Tigers.
- Noise-Cancelling Headphones blessed the Hades Tigers.
- Mclaughlin Scorpler gained the Noise-Cancelling Headphones.
- Note: Scorpler lost the Fireproof Jacket as a result of this blessing.
- The Tigers won with 27% of the vote. They were the highest bidders. 6945 votes were cast.
- Flame-Resistant Foam blessed the Canada Moist Talkers.
- Mutual Aid blessed the Dallas Steaks.
- The Plan? Hit from the Mound blessed the Dallas Steaks.
- The Dallas Steaks stole the best hitting pitcher in the league, August Sky from the Breckenridge Jazz Hands. The Steaks sent back Combs Estes in return, who swapped positions to pitcher.
- The Steaks won with 1% of the votes. The Breckenridge Jazz Hands were the highest bidders with 31%. 41,303 votes were cast.
- Keeping it Wavy blessed the Kansas City Breath Mints.
- Improved the Kansas City Breath Mints' minimum vibes by 15%
- The Breath Mints won with 6% of the votes. The Hawai'i Fridays were the highest bidders with 22%. 96,370 votes were cast.
- Solidarity blessed the Hawai'i Fridays.
- Improved the Hawai'i Fridays' max vibes by 15%
- The Fridays won with 29% of the vote. They were the highest bidders. 40,454 votes were cast.
- Wax blessed the Hawai'i Fridays.
- Bad Neighbors blessed the Charleston Shoe Thieves.
- Impaired the Mexico City Wild Wings' overall by 3%
- Impaired the Hawai'i Fridays' overall by 3%
- Impaired the Philly Pies' overall by 3%
- Impaired the Yellowstone Magic's overall by 3%
- Note: this blessing was applied after division realignment and affects the Mild Low division of the Mild League.
- The Shoe Thieves won with 2% of the vote. The Kansas City Breath Mints were the highest bidders with 18%. 26,067 votes were cast.
- Soul Swap blessed the Charleston Shoe Thieves.
- Randomized the pitching stats for the Shoe Thieves' worst player, Gunther O'Brian. 0 -> 2
- Randomized the pitching stats for the Shoe Thieves' worst player, Beasley Gloom. 0.5 -> 0.5
- Randomized the pitching stats for the Shoe Thieves' worst player, Beasley Gloom. 0.5 -> 2.5
- Randomized the pitching stats for the Shoe Thieves' worst player, Kevin Dudley. 0.5 -> 2
- Randomized the pitching stats for the Shoe Thieves' worst player, Snyder Briggs. 1 -> 0.5
- The Shoe Thieves won with 17% of the vote. The Unlimited Tacos were the highest bidders with 27%. 131,745 votes were cast.
|Richardson Turquoise||Yellowstone Magic||Day 40||Annie Roland||Unlimited Tacos|
|Emmett Internet||Hellmouth Sunbeams||Day 91||Sutton Bishop||Hades Tigers|
When any player is in a game during Peanut weather, there is a chance they will "swallow a stray peanut" and experience a permanent physical reaction , called either an Allergic Reaction or a Yummy Reaction. Known cases of this in Season 5 are listed below.
|Washer Barajas||Yellowstone Magic||Day 37||New York Millennials||Allergic|
|Don Mitchell||San Francisco Lovers||Day 104||Chicago Firefighters||Yummy|
|Declan Suzanne||Chicago Firefighters||Day 112||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Allergic|
When any player is in a game during Feedback weather, there is a chance reality will "flicker in the feedback" and two players will permanently swap team membership. Known cases of this in Season 5 are listed below.
|Player A||Former Team A||Player B||Former Team B||Date|
|Wyatt Glover||Unlimited Tacos||Halexandrey Walton||Yellowstone Magic||Day 98|
When any team is in a game during Reverb weather, there is a chance that some portion of their roster will get shuffled. Reverb can change the order of the lineup, rotation, or the whole team. If the entire lineup is shuffled, there is a chance that batters will become pitchers and vice versa. Known instances of reverb in Season 5 are listed below.
|Hawai'i Fridays||Day 5||Entire Team|
|San Francisco Lovers||Day 8||Rotation|
|Seattle Garages||Day 16||Lineup|
|New York Millennials||Day 27||Lineup|
|Chicago Firefighters||Day 30||Entire Team|
|Hawai'i Fridays||Day 30||Rotation|
|Houston Spies||Day 44||Rotation|
|Philly Pies||Day 44||Rotation|
|Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Day 65||Rotation|
|Miami Dale||Day 74||Entire Team|
|Canada Moist Talkers||Day 74||Lineup|
|Houston Spies||Day 78||Rotation|
|Unlimited Tacos||Day 82||Entire Team|
|Dallas Steaks||Day 91||Lineup|
|Seattle Garages||Day 92||Lineup|
|Baltimore Crabs||Day 103||Lineup|
When any player is in a game during Reverb weather, there is also a chance that players can gain the modification Reverberating which gives them "a small chance of batting again after each of their At-Bats ends." Known instances of reverberation in Season 5 are listed below.
|Don Mitchell||San Francisco Lovers||Day 45||Hawai'i Fridays|