Yasslyn Statter Jr.
Yasslyn Statter Jr. was a player in the Shadows for the Hawai'i Fridays, and had been with the team since the Season β17 Endseason until Fall Ball.
Official League Records
Statter Jr. joined the ILB as a player in the Shadows for the Hawai'i Fridays as the Fridays' Season β17 Playoff Birth.
During the Season β19 elections, Statter Jr. joined the Fridays' pitching rotation in exchange for Mordecai Kingbird as a result of the Fridays' Foreshadow will.
On Season β20, Day 25, Statter Jr. swallowed a stray peanut and had a allergic reaction, resulting in a combined 7.1 → 2.6 stat decrease. On Day 49, Statter Jr.'s allergy was cured by Hawai'i Viberight Field's Peanut Mister. During the Season β20 elections, Statter Jr. retreated to the Fridays' Shadows as a result of the Fridays' Move will.
During the Season β22 elections, Statter Jr.'s star ratings were completely randomized as a result of the Shadow Alternate Trust blessing, resulting in Statter Jr. becoming an Alternate, gaining the Negative modification, and a combined 5.0 → 5.7 stat increase.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Yasslyn Statter Jr., sometimes known as Yass, was born and raised in the Sovereign Nation of Hawai'i. Statter is currently a college student, majoring in Marine Biology. Statter is a practicing Muslim, and wears a hijab. Outside of thxir current splort, Statter is a competitive swimmer at thxir university, hosts a podcast called “Yasslyn Statter’s Wraslin’ Chatter,” and volunteers with multiple local non-profit organizations, largely centered around conservation.
Statter was raised with a strong background in aquatics, and as such retains a fondness for the local marine life of Hawai’i. Much of thxir volunteer work mirrors this, as has thxir conversations with the Fridays, who heartily support Statter’s activities outside of Blaseball.
Statter was recruited to the team following a deal with Our Lady of Perpetual Friday, who offered to extend the best day of the week for Statter so that thxy could have more time to continue thxir involvement in thxir numerous activities. Not only was Friday the one day Statter did not have class, but it now provides ample time to continue swimming, hosting a podcast, and advocating for expansions of protections for the wildlife of Hawai’i - as well as practicing thxir pitching.
Statter declines to comment on Yasslyn Statter Sr., though multiple teammates have observed thxm depositing or retrieving envelopes (presumably with mail inside) in odd places.
Letters to Yasslyn Statter Sr.
- This is one of an indeterminate amount of possible letters written, and deposited in various odd places, by Yasslyn Statter Jr. This time, the Interdimensional Rumor Mill reveals a Rumor from IF-0.1234 out of its Rumor Registry...
Dated to just after the Season 17 elections.
- Hi, it's me, Yass Jr.!
- Things have been going great this semester! Definitely enjoying my classes so far. Plus, I don't have classes on Fridays now! Which is awesome because it means I have enough time for EVERYTHING now, and of course you know I've been trying to get the balance worked out for a while now!! Yes!! Finally!!
- Oh, I've also been able to pick up a part-time job working with the local Blaseball team! It's been super fun, I do some behind-the-scenes work. It's surprisingly REALLY similar to the volunteer conservancy work I've been doing with Hawaiian monk seals — who knew? It's wild, but I guess it makes sense — the team just recently got their licensure stuff worked out to be able to sponsor a bunch of birdhouses, and there's tons of birds endemic to the islands that have a protected status. And yeah, the sponsorship has been going great! It's kind of wild how much money, like, percentage-wise, the team is able to put into the bird conservancy stuff. It kinda helps that they play wherever on the islands they want, so they don't have a permanent stadium... I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say though... but I know you won't say anything ;p
- Anyway, I gotta run! I need to pray before I go to swim practice in a few minutes, and then later one of my college friends is going to teach me how to SKATEBOARD!!! I will write to you again ASAP, I promise! I know you like getting these updates from my life :)
- Love you!
- – Yasslyn Statter Jr.
- Love you!
- P.S.: It's not exactly my area but the wild animal rescue I've been volunteering at recently got in an injured Hawaiian Hoary Bat and she is absolutely the cutest lil guy EVER!!! Maybe I'll send you a picture in my next letter!