Official League Records
During the Season β6 elections the Hellmouth Sunbeams received the Move the Mounds Closer blessing and benefited from the Sharing Signs blessing the Boston Flowers received, resulting in a combined 10.5 -> 11.1 stat increase.
During the Season β16 elections, Sanders' pitching increased from 2.6 -> 3.9 and batting decreased 3.2 -> 2.9 as a result of the Pies' Transfuse will. Sanders was then traded to the Hellmouth Sunbeams in exchange for Elvis Figueroa via the Sunbeams' Equivalent Exchange will.
In the Season 1 elections a result of the Flowers winning the NEW Team Boost, Sanders recieved an overall boost to their Attributes.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
According to the pseudo-official Sunbeams twitter account, Sanders "know[s] twelve martial arts and none of them are good".
Sanders is well-known for their unique tornado-style windup and delivery, which tends to cause sandstorms on the field. It is unknown if this has anything to do with Sanders's last name, or if the presence of the word "sand" in both the name Sanders and the word sandstorm is purely a coincidence.
Sanders was an avid sunflower seed chewer, according to multiple teammates.
Sanders remains dedicated to their practice of the martial arts despite their transformation, and have even benefited from the change. They are now on track to excel at one martial art and be no good at only 11 of them. Which martial art is currently unknown, but Sanders has confirmed that they are "totally killin' it." Sanders is also a member of the Hellmouth Beautification Society, as their half-plant status makes them somewhat of an expert on what plants need in order to thrive in the Hellmouth.
Sanders runs a blog, "Zack's Basks", at  Her blog output dipped a little towards the end of season six, when she began to spend more time with Boston Flowers hitter Hiroto Cerna, but picked up again following the arrival of a newly-draconic Hendricks Richardson to the Sunbeams. Richardson and Sanders are often heard discussing ideal sunbathing spots in the lockers before games., where she reviews remote locations around Utah and Hellmouth for how nice they are to rest in motionless for several days at a time and absorb sunlight.
Sanders underwent a dramatic transformation sometime in Season 2 or Season 3.
Multiple theories as to the nature of the change have been documented:
- Some speculate that after the Book was opened in Season 2, and the resulting transformation of the Moab Desert into the Hellmouth, Sanders also was transformed.
- The more supported theory is that in Season 3 when the events of the Blasphemy took place and The Peanut appeared, Sanders was evaporated as one of the perpetrators. The Sunbeams assumes an incineration took place, but were confused by the lack of a new player joining the team. During the next inning of the game a sunflower sprouted and rapidly grew from the clothing, and began to play.
The Heliolatry, specifically the Children of the Bright Light, have issued this statement regarding the transformation: "The Sun took pity on Sanders. Using Its glorious light, it imbued the single remaining sunflower seed resulting in Sanders being reborn in Its image."
Sanders's head is constantly pointed towards The Sun when during the helioanthropic transformation.
According to game records: Since their initial transmogrification, Sanders can be found in either their original human form, or their allegedly Sun-gifted floral form. Which form they take seems to be directly influenced by their level of vibes, with higher levels bringing forth their full sunflower power. Naturally, Sanders likes to practice the many meditations they have learned during their studies of twelve martial arts to "bring out the bloom" as they refer to their transformations.
The Photosynthetics Sect of the Heliolatry has taken a special interest in Sanders's helioanthropy, even so far as certain members attempting to recreate the rumored circumstances that began the process. So far there have been no successful results.
- Sanders is a fashion pioneer when it comes to petal hairstyles. Or at least, that’s what she’s told.
- Sanders was known in high school for being one half of a dynamic duo who threw rocks at Emmett Internet. Reportedly, he enjoyed it.
- Sanders's fans call their fanbase the "Standers."
- Sanders and their teammate, Iggy Delacruz, have become a figure skating duo since their experience on Atlético Latte in the Coffee Cup. Despite being both rivals and best friends their justification is that because “them hating each other creates off the ice drama they can bring to their on the ice routines or something along those lines.” Nobody fully gets what this means, but they’re not great at ice skating.
- Sanders finds koalas adorable and keeps three different albums of koala photos on her phone that she claims are organized by vibes.
- Sanders keeps a secret spice collection. It currently numbers 14. She is looking for three more, and something horrible, or wonderful, will happen when she finds them.
For more fanfiction see the 'Zack Sanders' tag on AO3
- golden by waveridden - An incomplete history of the Solympic Flame; the ballad of Paula Turnip and Zack Sanders.
- the rebirth of zack sanders by dasyuridae - Zack is reborn after her incineration.
- The Queen of Monsters and the May Queen by Lyric Hartwell - Hiroto Cerna and Zack get ready to go to Daleween.
- regrowth by dasyuridae - A history of Zack Sanders and Cannonball Sports.
- power isn't pain by staradavid - When the Hellmouth opens, it’s far more painful for Zack Sanders than it is for Miguel James.
- the many lives of zack sanders by dasyuridae - She is Zack Sanders, she is better than this, and she is lonely.
Tornado Pitches+ Lots of Birds = A bit of a mess on the mound, really.
Season 4 Tlopps card
Zack with Beck Whitney
THE GINGER ALE INCIDENT cast
Sanders & Nagomi Nava
- While Sanders has always been the primary blog author, occasional guest contributors have included Tigers player Ren Morin, Alaynabella Hollywood prior to her move to the Flowers, and several cacti from around the Colorado Plateau.
- Randall Marijuana was the only teammate unaware anything took place.
- There could be no follow-up investigation to this claim as no Pale Eyed members would comment.
- Also this specific member promptly jumped into the Hellmouth after this comment was received.
|Players||Batters||Zack Sanders · Jessica Telephone · Daniel Mendoza · Duha Kamara · Skylar Khan · Kelvin Drumsolo · Dervin Gorczyca · Zelda Highway · Buried: Atma Willowtree · Baby Doyle · Lucy Tokkan|
|Pitchers||Amir Murphy · Spears Taylor · Javier Lotus · Randy Dennis · Fatima Garrote|
|Former||Jenkins Ingram (➡️) · Jasper Destiny ( ) · Tad Blortles ( ) · Chambers Kennedy ( ) · Vernon Sierpinski ( ) · Full List|
|Stats||Season||1 · 2 · 3 · 4· 5· 6· 7· 8· 9· 10· 11· 12· 13· 14· 15· 16· 17· 18· 19· 20· 21· 22· 23· 24|
|Circuit||Gamma 2 · Gamma 3 · Gamma 4|
|History||Boston Flowers' History|
|Places||Boston · Memorial Bat Forest · Downtown · Fens · Docks|
|Entities||The Garden · The Sleeping God · Demeter|
|Groups||Gardeners · Eyeseekers · Revelers of Spring · Preservers · Weavers|
|Staff||The Groundskeeper · Nepenthe Saracen · Businessmun Ferret · Moss Woman|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|