Undertaker is a Player Modification, introduced in the Season β18 Election. Undertaker players will "dive in" when a player is swept Elsewhere, giving the Elsewhere player the Negative modification, and gaining the Elsewhere modification themselves.
Undertaker gives a player a chance to "dive in", after a player on their team is swept Elsewhere. The Undertaker will then also become Elsewhere, and the original player will gain the permanent Negative modification.
Undertaker was first seen in the Season β18 Election when Justice Spoon was the subject of the Firefighters' Alternate Trust Will. While other players subject to that will gained the Negative modification, Spoon was already Negative as a result of that Season's Seasonal Reading, and instead gained the first case of the Undertaker Modification.
Undertaker was distributed again in Season β19 during the Seasonal Reading, where a player from the first team in every draw was made an Undertaker.
The players were:
- Nandy Slumps of the Tokyo Lift
- Yeong-Ho Garcia of the Houston Spies
- Cannonball Sports of the Core Mechanics
- Riley Firewall of the Breckenridge Jazz Hands
- Wanda Schenn of the Chicago Firefighters
- Lotus Mango of the Seattle Garages
- Thomas Dracaena of the New York Millennials
- Lorcan Smaht of the Baltimore Crabs
The following is a list of all known Undertaker activations: