Mags Banananana is a pitcher for the Hades Tigers, and has been with the team since the Season 23 elections. Banananana has played for the Chicago Firefighters, New York Millennials, Mexico City Wild Wings, Tokyo Lift, and Canada Moist Talkers.
Official League Records
Over the course of Season 2, Banananana entered and exited the Moist Talkers' Shadows two times as a result of Gleek Arena Fax Machine events, ending the Season on the pitching rotation. During the Season 23 elections, Banananana Evolved to Base 1 as a result of the Moist Talkers' third championship victory. Banananana then wandered to the Hades Tigers due to the Roamin' modification.
| COMMUNITY LORE|
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Box of Mags Banananana Files
- Dust billows as the file box lands on the table. While many archives in the Interdimensional Rumor Mill are unified in some way, this... definitely isn’t one of them. The accompanying Rumor Registry explains all of the contents... wherever it is... but for now you grab the folder labelled IF-60.22 and start reading...
Mags Banananana is a muscular Brazilian woman originally from São Paulo who uses she/her pronouns. Asked for her age, she typically replies “that’s for me to know and you to find out”.
Banananana almost exclusively dresses in her signature colour, yellow - most notably, she is almost never seen without an oversize yellow handbag. This habit combined with her penchant for plantain-based cookery led to her being dubbed “the Banana Nana”.
Like all of us, she is from Chicago. Her jersey number is 872.
Mags Banananana had a varied career in her earlier life, having worked as a deckhand, a delivery driver and a librarian. In her retirement, she began undertaking volunteer work. Prior to joining the Chicago Firefighters, Banananana was volunteering at the Chicago Fire Safety Awareness Center.
Banananana is a keen baker, horticulturist and herbalist. In addition to blaseball, Banananana also plays rugby and is keen on aerobic fitness.
Banananana has been widowed at least once, although she refuses to clarify the details. She has an unknown number of children and grandchildren, some of whom can often be seen cheering her on at Firefighters games. Since joining the Firefighters’ lineup, Banananana has quickly become adopted as a “team grandma” by the Firefighters.
Persistent rumours have paired Banananana with Suzanne Suzanne, Declan Suzanne’s mother, as a couple, at least partly owing to Declan departing the lineup for the Shadows as Banananana arrived on the team.
- Banananana enjoys memes featuring Minion characters from the Despicable Me movie franchise. Her enjoyment appears entirely sincere regardless of the quality of the meme, which infuriates some of her teammates. (She claims to have never seen the films.)
- Banananana’s home has an enormous collection of objects that are yellow in colour.
- Banananana’s favourite food is apples.
What follows is an incomplete list of cheers commonly used when Banananana is playing:
- “MAGS, IS BANANAS, BEE-N-A-N-A-N-A-N-A-N-A-N-A-N-A-N-A...” - used whenever Banananana achieves anything whatsoever, there is no agreed end to this cheer.
- “BA-NA-NA-NA, NA-NA-NA-NA, Hey HEY, Goodbye” - used when Banananana hits a home run.
- “Banahnahnah (doot dooo doodoodoo)” (to the tune of “Mahna Mahna”) - a walkout chant for when Banananana is at-bat.
- “I BANANA-CAN-A DO IT!!”
- At various times almost any song which features “na na na” in the lyrics has been modified and used to support Banananana.
Banananana as of Season 22. Art by @saltbuzzard