Jayden Wright was a pitcher for the Moab Hellmouth Sunbeams, and was with the team from Season β1 until Fall Ball.
Official League Records
Wright joined the ILB as a player in the Shadows for the Moab Sunbeams with the Return of Blaseball.
During the Season β13 elections, Wright joined the Hellmouth Sunbeams' pitching rotation in exchange for Eugenia Bickle via the Sunbeams' Foreshadow will. The Sunbeams also benefited from all four "Bubble" blessings, which increased Wright's pitching and defense by 4%.
On Season β20, Day 49, Wright swallowed a stray peanut and had a allergic reaction, resulting in a combined 19.7 → 15.8 stat decrease. On Day 68, Wright’s allergy was cured by REDACTED’s Peanut Mister. On Day 104, Wright was attacked by Consumers resulting in a combined 15.8 → 13.3 stat decrease.
On Season β21, Day 76, Wright retreated to the Sunbeams' Shadows in exchange for Harriet Gildehaus via the Lower Moab Scenic Overlook Field's Fax Machine.
During the Season β21 elections, Wright's defense was increased from 3.4 → 4.7 as a result of the Sunbeams' Shadow Infuse will.
On Season β22, Day 91, Wright joined the Sunbeams' rotation in exchange for Sandoval Crossing via Lower Moab Scenic Overlook Field's Fax Machine.
Over the course of Season β23, Wright entered and exited the Sunbeams' Shadows six times as a result of Lower Moab Scenic Overlook Field Fax Machine events, ending the Season on the pitching rotation.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Jayden Wright was born in Moab, and lived there until her departure to college to study law. While she has avoided providing much information about her college career, often quoted saying that their experience was “top secret and incomprehensible to those who have not trained to understand it,” she has openly stated that this is when she began her transition. When they returned to Hellmouth she quickly became involved in the field of Bone Law. Wright is feared throughout the courts of Hellmouth for their solid right hook, determination, and understanding of foundational legal theory.
She has a lifelong fascination with blacksmithing, inspired by the creator of her first prosthetic who later became her mentor. This became a tool for their career, as she creates armour and weapons to help her in the unique world of Tooth Court.
After Wright's return from college, she began to experience seemingly random growths of bone through her skin. These require a rigorous maintenance routine, through which they cultivate the ones most useful or aesthetically pleasing. This is theorized to be her Adaptation.
Career with the Sunbeams
Fulfilling a lifelong admiration for the Sunbeams, Wright joined the Shadow Moabbey in the Path of the Aspirant. They trained mercilessly, all while maintaining her work as a Bone Lawyer. Wright was admired by the other Aspirants for their drive to succeed. This drive led to her being selected as Eugenia Bickle’s replacement upon the pitcher’s move to the Moabbey. She quickly became known for her dedication to the game, and her excitement at being a part of the Sunbeams. Over the course of Season β14, Wright settled in as a strong pitcher in the Beams rotation.
When Wright initially joined the Sunbeams the team was still caught in mourning over their previous batter, Sutton Bishop, and difficulty managing without their former batter and statistics manager, Nerd Pacheco. This is how Wright quickly became friends with Bishop’s replacement, Kaj Statter Jr., as they both became the “new kids” of the team around the same time. Due to Statter Jr.’s desire to argue goofy points xe refers to as “discourse” and Wright’s training in law the two are often found caught in seemingly endless arguments about highly important topics such as: lunch foods, how electricity works, how hot is cold, what constitutes a mosaic, and many more. It is unknown if Wright and Statter Jr. consider each other best friends or bitter rivals, as it seems to most observers that both are true.
- Wright has a tattoo reading “dentes caro os.” Wright has not made it clear the location of said tattoo.
- Though at first many believed her adaptation was her ability to superheat her hands, Wright has stated many times that this ability was “just a normal thing everyone in [their] family can do” and was “genuinely surprised to learn not everybody can do that.” Nobody knows how she gained this ability, but she has stated her mentor helped her hone it for her blacksmithing.
- Wright founded the first ever Hellmouthian extreme extreme croquet league. This version of extreme croquet was one they altered to adapt it to Hellmouthian sensibilities.
- Inspired by the careers of famous Blaseball icons before her (notably Sandoval Crossing) Wright utilises many different pitching styles. She reportedly uses her prowess in both blacksmithing and bone law to come up with new pitching implements. They pitch left handed, but do everything else (w)right handed.
- Wright has a small, but beloved collection of mini ceramic animal figurines. She often moves them between her workshop and study so that she can be motivated to succeed “for them”.
- One time Wright allegedly made a sword that could eat other swords and absorb their strength. It became so powerful they eventually had to rid the world of it, though nobody knows what this means for certain.
- Wright has proudly stated that her first case practicing Bone Law was lobbying against litigation that would remove Tusks from the general category of Teeth and place them in their own subcategory.
For more fanfiction see the 'Jayden Wright' tag on AO3
- os • dentes • caro by clouddreamer - A 12x100 of Jayden Wright's history
- dreaming in the tall grass by staradavid - Jayden and Gita explore the beginning of their relationship as they both adjust to active play
Wright with fellow rookie Kaj Statter Jr. by @_iznj
Wright and Kaj Statter Jr. at the Randall Marijuana Memorial Cat Cafe by Chamomile
Wright demonstrating one of her pitching techniques
Wright with Gita Sparrow
Pregame ritual: getting taped up
Wright with Dudley Mueller
Go For It, Jayden!
Wright and Kaj Statter Jr.
With Son Jensen at the Korean restaurant
Kaj Statter Jr. causing trouble