Hellmouth Sunbeams/Season 9
In Season β9 the Hellmouth Sunbeams finished fourth in the Wild League, and sixth in the ILB, winning one blessing and being affected by an additional two in the Season β9 Elections.
For the second time the Sunbeams made it to the postseason, and for the second time the Sunbeams were swept in the Division Series. Though the team didn't let that get to their heads, as Wild Low came out of the Election Shame-free and mutually arising. Additionally, lineup players Dudley Mueller and Nagomi Nava along with pitcher Sandoval Crossing were each blessed with a new modification, further preparing the team for the seasons to come
In Season β9 the Sunbeams drained blood once, and were subject to one allergic reaction.
- On Day 24 Hendricks Richardson siphoned some of Justice Spoon's baserunning ability.
- On Day 81 Igneus Delacruz ate a stray peanut and had an allergic reaction.
In Season β9 some notable games for the Sunbeams include:
- On Day 100 Hendricks Richardson hit a ground out to Joshua Butt (Watch here on Before).
In the Election the Sunbeams won one blessing, and were affected by an additional two.
- Forecast: Birds passed with 304,585 Votes, 52% of all Decree Votes
- EMERGENCY ALERT
- SEVERE MURMURATION WARNING IN THIS AREA
- Sunbeams Pitcher Sandoval Crossing was given the Friend of Crows Modification.
- Forecast: Blooddrain passed with 71,178 Votes, 12% of all Decree Votes
- EMERGENCY ALERT
- SEVERE BLOODDRAIN WARNING IN THIS AREA
- Sunbeams Batter Dudley Mueller was given the Siphon Modification.
- Forecast: Eclipse passed with 63,314 Votes, 11% of all Decree Votes
- EMERGENCY ALERT
- SEVERE SOLAR ECLIPSE WARNING
- Sunbeams Batter Nagomi Nava was given the Fire Eater Modification.
- Fifth Base Bubble blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- The Fifth Base Bubble protects the Wild High.
- Fifth Base on the Hellmouth Sunbeams!
- The Crabs had 24% of the votes. The Hades Tigers were the highest bidder with 24% of the votes. 481,520 votes were cast.
- The Shame Bubble blessed the Boston Flowers.
- The Shame Bubble protects the Wild Low.
- The Flowers had 7% of the votes. The Charleston Shoe Thieves were the highest bidders with 21% of the vote. 88,408 votes were cast.
- Mutually Arising blessed the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
- Improved the Houston Spies's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Boston Flowers's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Miami Dale's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Hellmouth Sunbeams's overall rating by 2%
- Improved the Unlimited Tacos's overall rating by 2%
- The Sunbeams had 3% of the votes. The Unlimited Tacos were the highest bidders with 16% of the votes. 322,185 votes were cast.
No Good Nuts
The following summary mixes canon events with community lore.
The Sunbeams' high spirits from Season β8 remained for the majority of Season β9. However, on Day 75, much to their dismay, during a series against the Boston Flowers former teammate Alaynabella Hollywood suffered an allergic reaction. The Sunbeams themselves experienced their first allergic reaction soon thereafter on Day 81 with Iggy Delacruz.
Despite the upsets, the Sunbeams continued on to have a fairly successful season, dropping to third place in Wild Low, but still qualifying for the Postseason. In the League's first ever Wild Card Games the Sunbeams faced off against the Chicago Firefighters, who threatened to extinguish their beloved Sol. Filled with righteous fury, the Sunbeams proceeded to sweep the following two games, defeating the Firefighters and igniting a rivalry that would burn with passion for years to come.
Hendricks Richardson hit a ground out to Joshua Butt
During the first of these two games, Sunbeams batter Hendricks Richardson hit a ground out to Firefighter Joshua Butt, distorting time itself.
No Good Nuts (cont.)
Perhaps exhausted from the effort of defeating the Firefighters, the Sunbeams proceeded to get swept by the Baltimore Crabs in the Division Series, eliminating them from the Postseason. On the other hand, their chances could have been negatively affected by long-Shelled Nagomi Mcdaniel being pecked free on Day 103, with Mcdaniel immediately proceeding to dominate the game, scoring the majority of the Crabs’ runs.
After being thoroughly beaten by a newly-liberated Mcdaniel and her team, the Sunbeams were glad to have the opportunity to watch the underdog Charleston Shoe Thieves, including Sandy Crossing's daughter, Esme Ramsey, steal the championship out from under the Crabs. However, the joy turned to horror when the whole league watched as the new Champions were forced to fight The Shelled One's Pods, ultimately losing and leaving the whole team cursed indefinitely.
In the Election, a Fifth Base was added to the team's home stadium, The Solarium. This delighted the Sunbeams, as it gave them more bases to walk to. Additionally, The Wild Low Alliance stayed firm, with the Flowers protecting the division from Shame and the Sunbeams stumbled into Mutually Arising with the division, giving everyone an overall boost. The team's emotions remained sunny even if a concerning Forecast showed trouble on the horizon.
- ↑ Perhaps driven by her noted pregame ritual of "cursing the sun", though this is only speculation.
|Buried||Boudicca Midcentury · Doc Anice|
|Beta||β1 · β2 · β3 · β4 · β5 · β6 · β7 · β8 · β9 · β10 · β11 · β12 · β13 · β14 · β15 · β16 · β17 · β18 · β19 · β20 · β21 · β22 · β23 · β24|
|Circuit||Gamma 2 · Gamma 3 · Gamma 4|
|Ballpark||Lower Moab Scenic Overlook Field|
|Staff||Sol · Monsieur Bean · JEFF! · Dead Tom · The Man Who Owns All the Teeth · Priya Fox · Determination Montgomery|
|Places||Hellmouth · Hellmouth Anti-Tourism Board · Shadow Moabbey · Randall Marijuana Memorial Cat Café · Arches National Plark|
|History||Moab Hellmouth Sunbeams' History · The Solympic Flame · Adaptation · HELIOLATRY · Cuisine of Hellmouth|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|Stare Into the Sun...|