Hellmouth Sunbeams/Season 10
In Season β10 the Hellmouth Sunbeams finished last in the Wild League, and 18th in the ILB, winning two blessings and benefiting from an additional two in the Season β10 Elections.
Plummeting to their worst win-loss record yet, the Sunbeams put on their party hats, co-hosting Party Time with veteran partygoers, the Hawai'i Fridays. Wild Carding into the postseason, the team was swept a third time in the Division Series, but made out like bandits in the Election. However, it was all overshadowed by the final events of the season which resulted in the death of a coach no one was aware could die at all, and the return of two beloved players that everyone thought were dead for good.
In Season β10 the Sunbeams drained blood eight times, and had their blood drained five times.
- On Day 4 Halexandrey Walton siphoned some of Hahn Fox's hitting ability.
- On Day 4 Halexandrey Walton siphoned some of Nerd Pacheco's defensive ability.
- On Day 4 Dudley Mueller siphoned some of Valentine Games's defensive ability.
- On Day 21 Dudley Mueller siphoned some of Stephens Lightner's defensive ability.
- On Day 21 Combs Estes siphoned some of Dudley Mueller's pitching ability.
- On Day 24 Dudley Mueller siphoned some of Helga Burton's defensive ability.
- On Day 38 Glabe Moon siphoned some of Dudley Mueller's defensive ability.
- On Day 41 Dudley Mueller siphoned some of Summers Preston's defensive ability.
- On Day 56 Dudley Mueller siphoned some of Wesley Poole's hitting ability.
- On Day 56 Isaac Johnson siphoned some of Dudley Mueller's defensive ability.
- On Day 58 Dudley Mueller siphoned some of NaN's defensive ability.
- On Day 82 Igneus Delacruz siphoned some of Theodore Holloway's defensive ability.
- On Day 83 Dudley Mueller siphoned some of Reese Clark's hitting ability.
In the Election the Sunbeams won two blessings, and were affected by an additional two:
- The Hall Stars
- The Deal is complete.
- Randall Marijuana has been Released.
- Emmett Internet has been Released.
- Black Hole passed with 343,191 Votes, 50% of all Decree Votes.
- TIME TANGLES
- RETROCAUSAL EVENT RECORDED
- INITIATING PLAYBACK:
- WARNING: SUN 1 LOW FUEL
- PRESSURE AT CRITICAL
- SUN 2 WAIVERS
- Tag-Team Fourth Strike blessed the Charleston Shoe Thieves.
- The Shoe Thieves get the Fourth Strike!
- The Sunbeams get the Fourth Strike!
- The Shoe Thieves had 16% of the Votes and were the highest bidders. 141,785 votes were cast.
- Sharing Signs blessed the Unlimited Tacos.
- Improved the Wild Low's hitting rating by 10% and impaired their pitching rating by -5%
- The Tacos had 34% of the votes and were the highest bidders. 213,710 votes were cast.
- The Nut Button blessed the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
- The Sunbeams are no longer allergic to Peanuts!
- Sandoval Crossing is suddenly Superyummy!
- The Sunbeams had 30% of the votes and were the highest bidders. 477,593 votes were cast.
- Divisional Walk in the Park blessed the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
- The Wild Low teams all take a Walk in the Park together!
- The Sunbeams had 22% of the votes. The Charleston Shoe Thieves were the highest bidders with 26% of the votes. 129,659 votes were cast.
Late to the Party
The following summary mixes canon events with community lore.
The season started with a bang as an Umpire finally tried to take out last surviving Precog, Nagomi Nava, on Day 1 only for her to surprise everyone and eat the flame and soon after hit the League’s first magmatic home run. Additionally, the team soon discovered that batter Dudley Mueller found a taste for blood, impressing everyone with how quickly it grew. Meanwhile, Sandoval Crossing became the apparent best friend of many birds that hovered around The Solarium.
Despite all of this, the Sunbeams ended up having their worst season yet, entering Party Time on the same day as the Hawai'i Fridays. The two teams decided to host their party together, electing to hold the event on the Moon, both for the incredible views and the increased distance from any kind of earth-shattering events that the threatened second Day X might bring. Making up for three seasons of missed opportunity, the team wasted no time and spent the rest of the season partying.
However, after the conclusion of Day 99 when the Wild Cards were drawn, the Sunbeams were dragged back to Earth as a Wild Card alongside the New York Millennials. The teams spent their time as fellow Wild Cards coming up with joint cheers such as LGMASBLDMASDMASADWCBLDWC and before the series even ended, they had signed a lease together, becoming long-distance roommates. During the series itself, the Sunbeams accidentally swept the Unlimited Tacos out of their first postseason appearance before being swept yet again by Baltimore Crabs, sending the team right back to the Moon and their party.
RETROCAUSAL EVENT RECORDED
In the final game of the postseason, a single from Crabs hitter Tot Fox brought Silvaire Roadhouse home and the Crabs' score to 10. Sol, the Sun, coach of the Sunbeams, patron to Sandoval Crossing, collapsed. The Moon, host to Party Time, was swallowed by the newly formed Black Hole. While everyone successfully evacuated from the Moon during, several Sunbeams with a close metaphysical connection to Sol experienced severe reactions. Monsieur Beam, former personal assistant to the recently deceased, described it as "a stressful time for the whole team".
As if that was not enough drama for the team, Day X began immediately after the postseason ended. When the Hall Stars rose, former Sunbeams Randall Marijuana and Emmett Internet were called to join their ranks. Marijuana scored the teams’ first run of the game and proved instrumental, and Internet provided an excellent soundtrack and moral support for the rest of the team. Following their Release, Marijuana and Internet returned to Hellmouth hand-in-hand to reunite with their friends and family.
I Can-nut Believe It!
Over the course of the season, the Sunbeams latched on to one of the blessings being offered: Nut Button. However, this blessing was also sought by their new rivals the Chicago Firefighters, resulting in many playful insults, parking lot fistfights and propaganda battles over it throughout the season. In the Election, the Sunbeams emerged victorious from the "Nut Button War", started Sharing Signs with the rest of their division, and were gifted Fourth Strike from the Charleston Shoe Thieves. Finally, the team won the Walk in the Park blessing and the Wild Low teams all took a Walk in the Park together!
|Buried||Boudicca Midcentury · Doc Anice|
|Beta||β1 · β2 · β3 · β4 · β5 · β6 · β7 · β8 · β9 · β10 · β11 · β12 · β13 · β14 · β15 · β16 · β17 · β18 · β19 · β20 · β21 · β22 · β23 · β24|
|Circuit||Gamma 2 · Gamma 3 · Gamma 4|
|Ballpark||Lower Moab Scenic Overlook Field|
|Staff||Sol · Monsieur Beam · JEFF! · Dead Tom · The Man Who Owns All the Teeth · Priya Fox · Determination Montgomery|
|Places||Hellmouth · Hellmouth Anti-Tourism Board · Shadow Moabbey · Randall Marijuana Memorial Cat Café · Arches National Plark|
|History||Moab Hellmouth Sunbeams' History · The Solympic Flame · Adaptation · HELIOLATRY · Cuisine of Hellmouth|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|Stare Into the Sun...|