Official League Records
On Season β21, Day 76, Gildehaus joined the Sunbeams' pitching rotation in exchange for Jayden Wright as a result of the Lower Moab Scenic Overlook Field's Fax Machine. During the Season β21 elections, Gildehaus retreated to the Shadows as a result of the Sunbeams' Move will, resulting in a combined 10.6 → 11.4 stat increase.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Harriet Gildehaus is a demon, and has been quoted as saying it is "literally from hell." While they have been relatively tightlipped about their familial history, they appear to be from a rich family, although their relationship is strained. While cheerfully self-identifying as a vampire, there has been no observation of Gildehaus drinking blood, except for one incident with the golden blood of Hendricks Richardson, which Gildehaus described as tasting "just like the stuff back home". After being reminded that it is generally considered rude to consume others' blood, Gildehaus has often been observed drinking and eating gold. Its wings, which at first glance are simply golden, appear to be made of Gildehaus' own blood.
Her previous lifestyle allowed them to develop a variety of hobbies and interests, including but not limited to alchemy, inventing, and steampunk-style metallurgy. Notably, Gildehaus has created many augments to its body. These talents are in addition to their Blaseball career, which provided them an opportunity to escape from the more stifling aspects of Hellish society. Gildehaus may have been inspired to join Internet League Blaseball by the careers of fellow demons such as Alexander Horne and Famous Owens, as well as by rumours of large amounts of gold left in Hellmouth after the Season β13 Sunbeams career of Aldon Cashmoney.
Career with the Sunbeams
Gildehaus emerged from the Sunbeams' shadows — replacing its self-proclaimed rival Jayden Wright — to pitch the final inning on Season 21, Day 76, against the Dallas Steaks. Her performance throughout the remainder of the regular season could only be described as "inestimable", helping the Sunbeams steer to a position of comfortable mediocrity in the league standings.
When the Sunbeams were selected for the Underbracket playoffs via Wild Card, there was some concern among Undercritics due to Gildehaus's lack of experience with regular blaseball strategy, to say nothing of the barely-comprehensible nuances of an Underbracket run. Gildehaus roundly quashed their complaints with a resounding 4–9 loss to the Tokyo Lift. They then then pitched the "winning" game in the Underbracket championship against the Canada Moist Talkers, artfully squandering the early 0–3 lead accrued by the Sunbeams’ lineup and conceding 5 runs to the Moist Talkers.
Gildehaus was upbeat following their fan-mandated move back to the Shadow Moabbey after their Season 21 performance, claiming that while pitching was fun, there were a "bunch of other personal projects" it was keen to return to — "first and most important, spending quality time with Jayden. It's been almost a decade, so we've got lots to catch up on!"
Their superstar performance on the mound (and the general reveal of their existence to the baseball-watching populace) ensured that despite their shadowing, Gildehaus would become more regularly spotted around Hellmouth, most commonly seen attending Hendricks Richardson’s lectures at Hellmouth Community College, or running a drop-in service to help Hellmouthians establish better relations with their resident house spirits.
- Harriet has a developing relationship with gender, and notably looks up to former Sunbeam Alexander Horne.
- Gildehaus has a particular affinity for house spirits such as lares, familiares, kobolds, and hobs, and possesses extensive knowledge on how to appease and accommodate them. It is fluent enough in Hellvish, the chirping language of Hadean house spirits, that she can communicate with the various imps and spirits which have Adapted into a similar niche in Hellmouth.
- Gildehaus is known for their distinctive style, in particular never being seen without her signature heart-shaped sunglasses.
- Gildehaus has a mechanical triceratops named Belladonna.
- When travelling cross-country, Gildehaus is most commonly observed riding first class in some manner of infernal clockwork locomotive. A lack of rail infrastructure connecting Gildehaus’ departure point with its destination does not appear to stop the train.
For more fanfiction see the 'Harriet Gildehaus' tag on AO3
- Harriet Rides a Train by Barry - Harriet Gildehaus and Sexton Wheerer take a train to the Mlet Gala.
- there's not a single person here who's worthy by staradavid - Harriet Rides a Train...2!!
Hey girl, nice blood ring
♡ LOVE BLOOD ♡
Harriet with a mullet by @yokorin
|Buried||Boudicca Midcentury · Doc Anice|
|Beta||β1 · β2 · β3 · β4 · β5 · β6 · β7 · β8 · β9 · β10 · β11 · β12 · β13 · β14 · β15 · β16 · β17 · β18 · β19 · β20 · β21 · β22 · β23 · β24|
|Circuit||Gamma 2 · Gamma 3 · Gamma 4|
|Ballpark||Lower Moab Scenic Overlook Field|
|Staff||Sol · Monsieur Beam · JEFF! · Dead Tom · The Man Who Owns All the Teeth · Priya Fox · Determination Montgomery|
|Places||Hellmouth · Hellmouth Anti-Tourism Board · Shadow Moabbey · Randall Marijuana Memorial Cat Café · Arches National Plark|
|History||Moab Hellmouth Sunbeams' History · The Solympic Flame · Adaptation · HELIOLATRY · Cuisine of Hellmouth|
|Fan Culture 📣 · Fan Works 💌 · Tlopps Cards 🃏|
|Stare Into the Sun...|