When the Grind Rail Modification is installed in a ballpark, players are able to steal directly from first to third base by performing a "skateboard trick". While they can still be caught stealing as normal, players with the Pro Skater modification will always succeed on their tricks.
Skate tricks consist of one to two tricks, each worth a number of points. A player could fail by either be tagged out trying to do their trick, or bail while tiring to perform their trick. If they succeeded a player would preform two tricks and move directly onto third base.
The following is a list of all known skate tricks:
|Toejam and Swirl
|Backside 180 Kickflip
|Frontside 180 Kickflip
|Hot Dog Stand
|Slip and Slide
|Please Imagine Music
|Big Big Spinny
|The Fourth Slide
|Nose to Tail
|Cha Cha Slide
Tricks are also given a variable point value when performed, leading to leaderboards being set up to track the best skaters and tricks in the league. Additionally, any player with the Pro Skater modification will have that title reflected in their trick.
As of the end of the Expansion Era, notable skaters and combos are:
- Pro Skater Ruslan Greatness, with the highest recorded combo score of 9977
- Fletcher Berger II, with the highest non-pro skater recorded combo score of 8214
- Francisco Preston with the lowest recorded combo score of 10
Notably, the Grind Rail was referenced as a part of the end of Season β24 when the Map opened up. As the Map rotated to be shaped like a blaseball diamond with one End Zone in each corner, Parker MacMillan IIIII tweeted "skateboard trick 🩸⚾" to direct teams to move directly from the first base position in the Hall to the third base position in the Horizon, going through the center of the Map.
A Grind Rail was installed:
- In the Season β15 Latesiesta by the Lift, Jazz Hands, Tigers, Sunbeams, Millennials, Lovers, Pies, Garages, Fridays, Shoe Thieves, and Magic
- In the Season β18 Latesiesta by the Tacos, Dale, and Flowers
- In the Season β22 Latesiesta by the Firefighters
...Do a Skateboard Trick?
|You hop on the grind rail towards third base! You do a Toejam and Swirl! You land a McTwist! Safe!