Gita Sparrow was a lineup player for the Chicago Firefighters, and was with the team from Season β12, Day 79 until Fall Ball.
Official League Records
Sparrow joined the ILB as a lineup player for the Chicago Firefighters on Season β12, Day 79 after the incineration of Joshua Butt.
Sparrow was hit by reverb on Season β15, Day 5 and gained the Reverberating modification.
During the Season β17 elections, Sparrow's batting increased from 2 → 3.2 and defense decreased 2.8 → 2.5 as a result of the Firefighters' Transfuse will.
On Season β20, Day 25, Sparrow was swept and gained the Negative modification as a result of Wanda Schenn's Undertaker modification.
During the Season β22 elections, Sparrow gained the Subtractor modification as a result of the Subtractor Avoidance blessing.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Box of Gita Sparrow Files
- Dust billows as the file box lands on the table. While many archives in the Interdimensional Rumor Mill are unified in some way, this... definitely isn’t one of them. The accompanying Rumor Registry explains all of the contents... wherever it is... but for now you grab the folder labelled IF-12.33 and start reading...
Unidentified disturbances have affected the fidelity of this IF signal. The contents of this entry may not be the same every time.
Gita Sparrow is a short Indian woman who uses she/her pronouns. She wears a bindi. She often dresses very practically during the work week, her preferred manner of dress including cargo pants with many pockets. However, she is said to enjoy dressing more femme on the weekends, and frequently wears a shawl with a pattern that emulates bird feathers.
She is a bilateral amputee who will use either prostheses or a wheelchair as necessary.
Like all of us, she is from Chicago. Her jersey number is 773, inherited from Paula Mason.
Gita Sparrow grew up during the Grand Siesta; when she took the field for the first time, she was officially the youngest player on the Firefighters. Prior to joining the team, she was pursuing her Master’s at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. When asked whether she intended to continue studying, she simply shrugged and said, “I’ll figure it out.”
She also earned her Bachelor of Science at UIUC, double-majoring in anthropology and biology. Some of her close college friends claimed she also held a minor in art.
Sparrow enjoys keeping busy; she is an avid bird watcher, has a part-time job at a local field museum, and was a late-night radio host for much of her college years. Like Isaac Johnson, she may still hold one or more of these positions. She has also been spotted volunteering at an injured bird rehabilitation center; this is reportedly why she and Caleb Alvarado, noted friend of birds, are close.
She cites her passion for both firefighting and birdwatching as stemming from her summer volunteering work as a wildfire lookout on the outskirts of Chicago.[where?]
Sparrow, a lifelong Firefighters fan, was attending the Chicago home game on Season 12, Day 79, the day Joshua Butt was incinerated. Some claim that, following in the footsteps of Paula Mason, she leapt onto the field and took Butt’s place. Others say she was Coach Casimir Pulaski Day during the game, but these claims are hard to substantiate given the nature of the position. Regardless, everyone agrees Sparrow was attending in some capacity.
When asked why she stepped up in Butt’s place, she is noted as saying, “Someone needed to do it.” Later, she would admit that the double she hit at her first at-bat was an attempt to emulate the famed Josh Butt triple.
Following the game, she began to collaborate with Kennedy Rodgers in creating different kinds of quick-change prosthetics to be used in different parts of blaseball games. Currently, they are working on a set of sprinter blades to improve her baserunning.
- There are some reports that Sparrow has a small songbird familiar, although it moves fast and has never been captured on camera.
- She has admitted to knitting beanies for birds when she wants something to do with her hands.
- Sparrow owns all of the Firefighters Tlopps cards from the Season β5 Championships, as well as the limited-edition Hall Stars edition Tyreek Olive.
- Computer records of Sparrow constantly seem to disappear or become garbled, which has caused her to become infamous at the Chicago Secretary of State offices.
What follows is an incomplete list of cheers commonly used when Sparrow is playing:
- Get it, Gita! or Get em, Gita!
- BIRD UP!
- Who’s faster than an arrow? Gita Sparrow!
- CHIRP CHIRP WHERE YOU AT?
- Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!
For more fanfiction, see the Gita Sparrow tag on AO3.
- nice to meet you by waltztangocache - Gita Sparrow meets Joshua Butt.
- dreaming in the tall grass by novelsinourheads - Gita Sparrow joins the Firefighters and learns how to adjust.
Sparrow by @_waalkr
Sparrow with Jayden Wright
Sparrow receiving Glove of Vitality
Sparrow with Kennedy Rodgers
Sparrow with Wanda Schenn
Sparrow by @crikadelic
Seven of Pentacles
Sparrow by @glassgoblin
Click image for a link to the full comic.
A Chat Between Seasons