(Redirected from Clare Mccall)
Clare McCall was a pitcher for the Chicago Firefighters, and was with the team from Season β1 until Fall Ball.
Official League Records
McCall joined the ILB as a player in the Shadows for the Chicago Firefighters with the Return of Blaseball.
During the Season β17 elections, McCall's star ratings were completely randomized as a result of the On Deck blessing, resulting in McCall becoming an Alternate, and a combined 9.0 → 11.6 stat increase.
During the Season β19 elections, McCall joined the Firefighters' pitching rotation in exchange for Caleb Alvarado via the Firefighters' Foreshadow will.
On Season β20, Day 23, McCall became a lineup player due to Reverb.
On Season β22, Day 24, McCall retreated to the Firefighters' Shadows in exchange for Gabriel Griffith at The Fire Safety Awareness Center via the Ratified Voicemail. On Day 26, Mccall rejoined the Firefighters' pitching rotation in exchange for Zi Sliders via The Fire Safety Awareness Center's Fax Machine.
Over the course of Season β23, McCall entered and exited the Firefighters' Shadows five times as a result of The Fire Safety Awareness Center Fax Machine events, ending the Season in the Shadows.
On Season β24, Day 39, McCall rejoined the Firefighters' pitching rotation in exchange for Zi Sliders at The Fire Safety Awareness Center via the Ratified Fax Machine.
The remainder of this article contains lore created collaboratively by the Blaseball community.
Previous to joining the Chicago Firefighters’ shadows, Clare McCall worked as a librarian at Lake Clalumet Harbor Elementary School in Chicago, Illinois. After hearing the Call, she began to head the Chicago Fire Department Data, Archives, and News Group (known internally as DANG).
McCall’s accomplishments with DANG include digitizing a large number of Firefighters records and memorabilia from various points in city history. These records are available online to the public in a highly corrupted format due to ILB anti-information filters.
Like all of us, she is from Chicago. Their jersey number is 363.
Official records, videos, and photographs show McCall as a heavyset Black/white biracial woman who moves assisted by a cane. However, a number of wander-prone fans have reportedly seen a ghastly skeletal figure matching McCall’s proportions in the basements and back hallways of the Firehouse. These reports are corroborated by a number of rumors which circulated among Lake Clalumet Harbor Elementary School students at the time of McCall’s employment mentioning the, “super freaky skeleton lady librarian.”
When asked about these rumors, McCall laughed and replied, “If working with information has taught me anything, it’s that people love to tell stories.” When then asked about her subscription to Skeleton People Monthly, a magazine marketed towards living skeletons, McCall once again laughed, then silently left the room.
Movement From Shadows
In an interview with GlQ Magazine following the season 19 election, teammate Lou Roseheart described McCall’s surprise to be moved to the Firefighters’ rotation. “She was shocked. I mean, she signed the ILB contracts, but when you’ve been working backstage for, what, 19 seasons? Yeah. That’s a big adjustment. They’ve been a lot of fun to train with, though, and our rotation is as close as it’s ever been.” In contrast, Firefighters pitcher Conrad Twelve responded to the movement by saying, “Really? Clare? As in Clare McCall? You’re kidding,” adding that ze would, “spare the details,” of their, “beef.”
- McCall grew up in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago. Childhood friend Carlos Deliguy described her as, “a real sweet person,” adding, “no clue why kids are so freaked out by her, maybe they just don’t, like, get goths? It’s wild.”
- McCall is known for her in-depth knowledge of Firefighters history as well as the city of Chicago. This makes her a highly sought after teammate for the trivia game held at the annual Casimir Pulaski Day Firefighters Eat the Sun Tree Planting Drive.
- During their shared time in the shadows, McCall trained former Firefighters batter Declan Suzanne in performing tasks for the DANG archives. Following her unshadowing, McCall commented, “I just had him moving boxes and alphabetizing things.” They then buried their head in their hands, adding to themself, “Please let everything be in the same place I left it.”
- McCall has been known to avoid open flames, saying that firelight gives her “skin troubles. As in trouble with having skin.”
- Through their archivist work, McCall has learned to read texts written in a number of classical languages, including Ancient Greek, Latin, and Sanskrit. McCall used her Latin skills and “skeleton experience” to assist in death-related research being done by Tigers pitcher Mummy Melcon, as well as to befriend Melcon’s teammate Nicholas Mora.
For more fanfiction, go to the Clare Mccall tag on AO3.
- rest my spirit if i can by marquis - Clare McCall talks to Conrad Twelve over the Dispatch.
Page of Pentacles