Birds, formerly known as Lots of Birds, is a weather condition that was first observed on Season β3, Day 4. This weather is characterized by lots of birds being on and around the field during play. During a game under Birds weather, the Game Log will occasionally display various bird-related occurrences and commentary.
History of Effects
On Season β7, Day 63, the Game Log displayed the message "The Birds circle ... they peck Jessica Telephone free!". The modification Shelled was removed from Jessica Telephone and replaced with the modification Superallergic.
On Season β9, Day 1, the Game Log displayed the message "A flock of Crows ambush Summers Pony! They run to safety, resulting in an out." This was the first time weather had ever awarded an out. During a different game between the Breckenridge Jazz Hands and the San Francisco Lovers on the same day, the crows were responsible for the third out of the top of the 12th inning, triggering an anomaly known as Crowvertime, where the Lovers were given 16 outs instead of the normal 3. This effect was not seen following Crowvertime until Day X, when birds began attacking THE SHELLED ONE'S PODS as a result of their Curse of Crows modification.
Game Log Text
- Do these birds have souls?
- The birds are very loud!
- The birds are paralyzed! They can't move!
- The birds continue to stare.
- I hardly think a few birds are going to bring about the end of the world.
- The birds are mad at you. You specifically. You know who you are.
- Oh dear Gods...
- Where did these birds come from?
- The birds are after the children.
- They're clearing feathers off the field...
- These birds hate Blaseball!
- BIRD NOISES
- Have you ever seen this many birds?
- Several birds are pecking...
- [Random Number] birds
- The Birds circle....but do not find what they are looking for
- The Birds circle ... they peck [Player] free!
- A flock of Crows ambush [Player]! They run to safety, resulting in an out.
When a shelled player is in a game during Birds weather, there is a small chance for the birds to peck them free. The player will then gain the Superallergic modification; if they did not have a peanut allergy before becoming shelled, they will also develop a peanut allergy. Known instances of deshelling follow:
Season 7 (Total: 1)
|63||Jessica Telephone||Philly Pies|
Season 8 (Total: 1)
|47||Sexton Wheerer||LA Unlimited Tacos|
Season 9 (Total: 1)
|103||Nagomi Mcdaniel||Baltimore Crabs|
Season 13 (Total: 1)
|105||Denzel Scott||Houston Spies|
- The Commissioner [@blaseball] (3 Aug 2020). "somebody should do something about all these peanuts. going to attract pests" (Tweet) - via Twitter.